2014 Triton, Setup Theory Help

jc57

Can someone give me some help on how i think about changing the setup of my kart. The numbers are Total 390, Front 46% Left 58% Cross 60%.

So my questions are if i wanted to tighten the kart what would you recommend doing?
If i wanted to loosen the kart what would you recommend doing?

I understand moving the rear tires in and out, i want to understand other adjustments that can be made by adjusting other aspects, do i want to increase cross? increase caster? for example.

I know that these are vague questions, but i just want to have a general idea of adjustments that can be made if i am in a loose or tight situation.

Thanks

Before I give you my 2 cents, when you say loosen you mean just the rear of the kart ? or are you meaning FREE up the entire kart ?

I would say free up the rear of the kart
Then based on just including chassis changes leaving cambers out of it since you did not include cambers, First I would add a little nose, second I would add some left, I would not include cross at all ( note adding cross is a fine tune adjustment which most always tightens, however that's more the entire chassis not only the rear, ( note again but to only loosen the rear before I touched set up, I would simply move the RR out, do the rest with Tires adding rear stagger and adjusting air pressures.

what would you do to free up whole kart for better rotation on this same kart without changing stagger?
On a Triton ? What class & weight are you racing it in ? what are your current numbers and cambers ? what is your RR wheel spacing inside edge of wheel to frame ? and LR spacing inside edge of wheel to frame ? How close are the inside edge of wheels both RF & LR from hitting the spindle arm ?

To make sure the kart will be free as possible make sure the nerf bars aren’t binding, the seat is installed properly and the bumper has some play. To tighten or loosen the kart use air pressure for fine tuning.

On a Triton ? What class & weight are you racing it in ? what are your current numbers and cambers ? what is your RR wheel spacing inside edge of wheel to frame ? and LR spacing inside edge of wheel to frame ? How close are the inside edge of wheels both RF & LR from hitting the spindle arm ?
Standard set up. 450#. Triton. Indoor racing

Standard set up. 450#. Triton. Indoor racing
We are racing predator mostly. 450#. Left 59.4 cross 62.5 front 44. Going back to 46 Lf.25-.50 camber. Rf 3.25 dropping to 2.25 front wheels 1/4in off spindle. Lr 3/4-1 in off frame. Rr 1/4 in off. Seat all the way left. Bumpers and nerf bars loose. 6-8 left side pressure 8-12 rights We are competitive just need more corner roll speed and rotation. Thanks

We are racing predator mostly. 450#. Left 59.4 cross 62.5 front 44. Going back to 46 Lf.25-.50 camber. Rf 3.25 dropping to 2.25 front wheels 1/4in off spindle. Lr 3/4-1 in off frame. Rr 1/4 in off. Seat all the way left. Bumpers and nerf bars loose. 6-8 left side pressure 8-12 rights We are competitive just need more corner roll speed and rotation. Thanks
Are you in a 450 lb class ? Or Min weight is less and your giving up weight to the others ? If so what is the Min weight for the class ?

I used axle adjustment , the driver didn't like it so we never really got too utilize it .
It will definitely change the way it handles .

First I don't have to tell you giving up that much weight is a lot of your corner speed problem, If the track is pretty small I doubt moving the RF to front hole will help, based on the info above I'd say your not maximizing entry speed thus it's not carrying through the turn, I would Increase left to 60.5 %, nose to 45.5 %, I'd go up in air and add more BITE to the tires, and I would not lower RF camber below 2.75 for now until you test it.

Good Luck !!

What size track are you running ? Is it flat out momentum once you get rolling ?
Momentum tracks we are good at
First I don't have to tell you giving up that much weight is a lot of your corner speed problem, If the track is pretty small I doubt moving the RF to front hole will help, based on the info above I'd say your not maximizing entry speed thus it's not carrying through the turn, I would Increase left to 60.5 %, nose to 45.5 %, I'd go up in air and add more BITE to the tires, and I would not lower RF camber below 2.75 for now until you test it.

Good Luck !!
thanks

Back