2015 Daytona 500

CMKRacing

After tonight, which was one of the best 500's in years IMO. I vote that they move the 500 start time to 5 or 6 o'clock instead of 1...still on Sunday but just evening/night race.

Something about night racing, the cars stick to the track, more grip...and plus the cars just look cooler with the lights glimming off them

Austin Dillon is in over his head . Good kid, not ready . He wrecked a bunch of cars , including other RCR cars. It was a good race .

Austin Dillon is in over his head . Good kid, not ready . He wrecked a bunch of cars , including other RCR cars. It was a good race .

Were there other's who caused wrecks that took out other cars? Can we assume they are in over their heads as well? Correct me if I'm wrong here, but weren't there some "veteran" drivers involved with the start of some wrecks?

rebs fan, I like the Dillon kid, know his daddy Mike, raced late models against him. But when you cause multiple wrecks , that take out multiple cars due to lack of car control in relative easier situations , it is what it is. I wish the kid the best .

Folks, those cars were getting around there pretty fast. Been to a kart race lately?? I swallow hard at times when wheelin' my kart on a 1/6 mile oval. Can't imagine how fast things happen at 200 mph.

Folks, those cars were getting around there pretty fast. Been to a kart race lately?? I swallow hard at times when wheelin' my kart on a 1/6 mile oval. Can't imagine how fast things happen at 200 mph.

I think it safe to safe none of the other critics do either.:)

Jeff Hammond on Race Hub just said he better go apologize to some people and that his rookie status really showed thru in that race.

Jeff Hammond on Race Hub just said he better go apologize to some people and that his rookie status really showed thru in that race.

I think it would be reasonably safe to assume that many rookie statuses will really show throughout the year with all the rookies. All the veterans were rookies at one time and they made mistakes as well. Its just part of the learning curve. Heck....we see veterans make the same mistakes weekly. Why do folks make such a big hoopla about it for a rookie? Isn't it expected?

i agree, that was one of the best 500's seen in a long time, and also agree that racing at night is a must! all they kept saying for the first 37-38 laps was how slippery the track was, plenty of single file, follow the leader, boring laps IMO. after the race restarted UNDER THE LIGHTS, each and every lap was wild crazy with plenty of hard racing and passing IMO.

my prediction for the 2015 Daytona 500: Day or night, Dillon will cause at least one wreck.

He has been wrecking and running over people his whole career. Why stop now?

Back