2015 triton Elite

From what I understand the triton is considered a high cross kart. I originally wanted to set up my daughters kart with numbers I found on here. 46.5 nose 59.5 left and 64% cross. After talking to someone at the track who is always doing very well, they told me that high of a cross is meant for a 1/4 mile wide sweeping track. The track she is running is 1/8 mile banked in and out quick turns. They suggested about 56.5 left and 57.5% cross. I ended up setting 59.5 left and 60% cross Ultimately she did well Saturday. Won a heat and finished 3rd in the feature. She did say at the feature it wouldn’t turn as well. She doesn’t quiet now how to explain if it’s pushing or loose. Watching her race looked like she was getting in the turn well, just not coming out the way she wanted( sliding up).
I don’t know which way to go. Cross up towards 64% like prc suggests or down to 57.5% like experience suggests?

In my opinion if you go down on the cross your tires won't need to be perfect and you will give up some speed . Which could work for you .
High cross your tires need to be better and you could run faster on the high cross .
Experience and seat time are major factors .

From what I understand the triton is considered a high cross kart. I originally wanted to set up my daughters kart with numbers I found on here. 46.5 nose 59.5 left and 64% cross. After talking to someone at the track who is always doing very well, they told me that high of a cross is meant for a 1/4 mile wide sweeping track. The track she is running is 1/8 mile banked in and out quick turns. They suggested about 56.5 left and 57.5% cross. I ended up setting 59.5 left and 60% cross Ultimately she did well Saturday. Won a heat and finished 3rd in the feature. She did say at the feature it wouldn’t turn as well. She doesn’t quiet now how to explain if it’s pushing or loose. Watching her race looked like she was getting in the turn well, just not coming out the way she wanted( sliding up).
I don’t know which way to go. Cross up towards 64% like prc suggests or down to 57.5% like experience suggests?
What class ? 59.5 left to 56.5 is a big change.

You don't need chassis tweaks based on track size alone, it's all about track conditions at 56.5 left and 57.5 cross the track conditions better be very low grip, I'd try 59 % left and 68 % cross with 47.2 % nose for 1/8 mile use 1 3/8 " rear stagger min.

She’s running what is called stock predator. Which is not a stock motor, per their own rules. Header, muffler, air intake, 10.8 springs. I’m still trying to figure out karting. I always thought the higher the cross the tighter the kart would be. I know there are many more variables than just that plain statement. But maybe the higher cross of64% would work. She’s running brand new Vega yellows

You don't need chassis tweaks based on track size alone, it's all about track conditions at 56.5 left and 57.5 cross the track conditions better be very low grip, I'd try 59 % left and 68 % cross with 47.2 % nose for 1/8 mile use 1 3/8 " rear stagger min.
Usually the track has a lot of grip, but last couple races the other racers said it wasn’t. And I couldn’t tell you myself, I don’t race

To high of cross could make it push along with to low. Anything done to the Vegas ? Also what is the weight class ?

The Vegas can’t be prepped in any way, in fact you can’t even clean them between races during the day. It’s a 350lb weight class . I have about 50 lbs of lead on the kart for her to meet weight

Id be on a minimum of 68% cross. Left side id have to know what size she is, but having to add 50 lbs. to make a 350 weight class, im guessing shes a bit on the smaller side. 58-58.5 left id try. Go with the nose mentioned above by race Promoter, along with my recommendations, and the potential for speed will be greater for you. Now not being able to prep does throw a bit of a monkey wrench into this, im sure some are prepping, but keep the cross up, play with caster, camber, left side, to make the mechanical grip if needed.

Back