2015 Xpect Setup

For you at PCRP I would set rear track width with wheels on RR 1/4 " off cassette hanger, LR 5/8 " off, 1 1/2 " front stagger, 1 1/4 " rear stagger, 60 % left, 62 % cross, 47 % nose, 8 & 12 castor, 2.5 RF neg camber, .25 LF pos camber.

Good Luck !!

Ran this last Saturday and got beat by a quarter lap or so at the end of 15 laps. I'm not one to accept defeat, so I'm looking for my next tweaks for more speed. Ran the set-up above with the following exceptions: RF camber at -2.75, and LF camber at +.75. Track was very wet, tacky, and bumpy. I ran SS11's prepped with creo and 5 and 6 psi Air Pressure. Kart handled well, but did not have enough speed to keep up. It's possible the creo was too aggressive, and possible the 11's were too soft. That aside, what should I try next? I was thinking to try maybe the 0.25 LF camber mentioned above to free it up a little in the corners. Is that going to make any difference with roll speed, or should I just chalk it up to tires and move on.

I know some of the winners were on 11's capped off with a creo mix with lower air than you ran, they were not super soft 11's with your total weight it's possible If your 11's are in the 20's they might have been little soft.

If you do pull some of that LF camber and it still handles well it should help your speed because it will take it off the RR some, however if it hurts your corner speed you will not gain it back.

I would not be afraid to raise cross 2 washer that will sporty it up some.

Are you sure you did not just miss gearing a little due to the heavier track ?

The 60 % left with the wet conditions might have kept you off the right sides to the point you just were not quite in the track enough to generate good forward drive.

I ran one tooth up from what I normally run to keep peak rpms around 7500. Not much I can do about the 60% left, i have no room to move the seat. The 11s were in the low 30s for sure, so they weren't that mushy. I can try a little more cross, but I assume if it starts pushing, I'll need to back off some. Thanks again for the help!

Reduced LF camber by 3 flats and added 2 washers of Cross. It helped quite a bit. I figure LF Camber is about at +.5 degrees and cross somewhere near 64. I figure I'll keep reducing LF camber until it starts pushing in our out. I hope that's the right strategy to tweak for some more speed.

64 % cross seems to be the sweet spot for the xpect for the PA tracks here on Burris tires, would be very surprised if you find anymore speed with any less LF camber nor anymore cross, I would Increase rear stagger 1/4 " see what that does, Any additional speed your gonna find you'll need to do with Tires.

Back