2016 vs 2020 nka rules.

Picked up a couple engines that were built in 2016 to nka rules and never ran. What all will need to be changed to comply with current nka rules? Thanks in advanced

To make them competitive? At bare minimum cam and head. If your doing it yourself (if your able) then reasonably affordable. I would just do a basic rebuild and buy a already blueprinted head with three angle valve job, degree new cam, reset valves, and let it eat. Keep in mind if the cam doesnt profile right (centerlines) then your going to need a means to twist crank gear or a couple cranks to try and make the numbers work. Might get away with around $175-$200 in each of them. If your unable to do it yourself then I'd estimate a builder to do an update with rebuild is gonna be minimum $400-$500+. Even though they haven't been ran since rebuilt your still looking at a full rebuild to disassemble, replace and profile cam, replace head, etc.

Find some one that knows what rules changed since 2016 if nothing needs updated to be legal run them and see if they are competitive. If they have been built and never run why take them apart and start over for no reason.

Find some one that knows what rules changed since 2016 if nothing needs updated to be legal run them and see if they are competitive. If they have been built and never run why take them apart and start over for no reason.
That's what I was thinking. I can change the cam and centerline it myself just didn't know if there have been any major changes that would make them illegal. I'll pull the covers and see whats in them now

Back