2019. 206 Rules are out .

If you don't know why my engine is soon to be illegal, then you have not read the new rules. My engine has never had any modifications to the block. If the silver wire seals have been tampered with then what makes you think the silver with black wire seals have not been tampered with? I would be more than willing to trade in my block for a new one (for free). I have not pushed the rules and do not think I should have to pay the $300 to $400 just because someone thinks someone else has tampered with either the seals or the block assembly.

I don't buy the reasoning that I should throw away an engine just because I've had it for a while. And I have yet to see anyone getting high dollars for an old 206.

Just because you don't like the reasoning doesn't mean you need a different explanation. If your engine has the silver seals, I think you should be overjoyed that it has been competitive this long and you still get to race it for ONE MORE season.

I have very much read the rules.

01Ron,
Don't buy the reasoning then. Honestly, you shouldn't have to be forced to "buy" / accept any person's reasoning.
The rules are the rules. We all have to abide by them.

My guess is that many clubs level tracks (possibly yours included) will continue to allow your seals to be run.
I have no argument with that. If other competitors are cool with that, then keep running that engine another 10 years if you want. :)

Not only have I read the rules, I teach them to others at tech seminars.

Brian, I was not referring to you when I mentioned someone not reading the rules so please don't take that comment negatively(or personally). Briggs has prided themselves with minimal changes over the years and I applaud their sticking to their guns. This does not have anything to do with buying any reasoning since Briggs gave none and anything the rest of us come up with is just speculation. You are correct, the rules are the rules and I intend to abide by them. My perfectly good block will sit on a shelf with the three other short blocks I've had to replace because of side cover leaks, loosing crosshatch/compression after it started raining in the middle of a race, etc.

Make them into a 206 Superstock.
206_Mod_Parts-385x301.jpg

Read all about it.
http://www.fastermotors.net/206superstockenginekit.html
on sale

Jim, You have to preach to the organizations to get your Super stock off the ground. It kinda looks like a shoot off of the Pro Gas engine that WKA used a few years before the 2 cycle staff killed it along with the gold cup series!

Steve

This Thread got a bit off subject. Not so bad I guess . Lots of good info too. Question With the old non painted seal engines expiring in 2020 .Is this January first or December 31 2020. ?

From Para 6. of latest rules:
Beginning on January 1st, 2020 only security seals with a black integrated thread wire or the red/black wire and the orange seal housing will be legal for competition.

Hopefully I can answer for Jimbo.
If we're talking WKA, IKF, AKRA stock animal class: No.
It would make a for a mild stock appearing though.
Jimbo has made his own class of "super stock 206s."
3 or more karts starts a class at most tracks - you might want to give it a try if you can get two buddies to go in with you.

I apologize for not answering sooner. I just had hernia surgery but i'm back at it now.
The 206 Superstock is not legal as an Animal and should not be raced heads up against one.
Depending on what fuel you use (gas or methanol) it has the potential to make as much as 1 more HP that a blueprinted Animal.
An Animal has more bottom end, the Superstock has more top end.
If you wanted to race an Animal and a superstock against each other there are simple ways to equalize them.
You could use the normal Animal rules for the Animal and put the Superstock on Gas or add some weight.
Realize that all the existing 206 rules are to be followed with exceptions for the parts you see in the picture above.
All the carb measurements are the same as a 206.
There is no machine work allowed to the Superstock other than cleaning up the bore if you need to use an oversized piston.
The exhaust pipe and muffler rules are the same as a for the 206.
Ignition timing is the same as it is for a 206.
ETC,ETC
You are allowed to use an aftermarket air filter on the Superstock and also a prefilter like a outerwears or foamie.
It's all spelled out in the rules.
I have written rules for it if you want them.

Can weights made by Hilliard for the Hilliard Flame clutch be legally used in the shoes of a Hilliard Flame clutch per the LO206 rules? I see the following:

"Sportsman, Junior 1, Junior 2, Senior, and Masters Classes can run any
rim centrifugal clutch with a maximum of 9 springs and 6 shoes. Clutch
must be used as shipped from the ORIGINAL manufacturer. Mixing of
parts between clutch lines or manufactures or removing parts (ie. Grease
guard, etc.) is ILLEGAL. No alteration or machining to the clutch allowed.
Springs, driver, driver conversion, clutch key, and crankshaft fastener kit
are non-tech. Springs MUST remain OEM. Clutch coolers are not allowed.
The use of aftermarket coatings is illegal."

Clearly I can change springs. Can I use weights to tune the clutch or is this a No-No for the LO206?

Yes this line is not very well written, " Clutch must be used as shipped from the ORIGINAL manufacturer. " as this next line contradicts much of it. "Springs, driver, driver conversion, clutch key, and crankshaft fastener kit are non-tech. Springs MUST remain OEM." So any driver kit can be used, The Max torque spring must be as shipped, spring MUST OEM but is a non tech item" ????????

Back