2019 Pursuit

Ok. I thought i read in here that the LF should be in the rear hole. But as I was reviewing again I couldn’t find that reference.

Have you tried the RF spacer block yet?

I guarantee that Chase and the fella's at BRB have you all set up on your new Pursuit.
Yea, we picked up our first one last night. I'm pretty excited about it wanting to get up to speed on it now. I don't like NOT knowing minor effects of changes. Last year we experimented with our front caster positions and slowed down. But, all the experts said to make the changes. My driver didn't like it. I need to get him on a track soon to start adjusting.

Yea, we picked up our first one last night. I'm pretty excited about it wanting to get up to speed on it now. I don't like NOT knowing minor effects of changes. Last year we experimented with our front caster positions and slowed down. But, all the experts said to make the changes. My driver didn't like it. I need to get him on a track soon to start adjusting.
I hear you and have been there and done that. My suggestion is focus on your driver and your program. It's good to ask questions and look for suggestions but trust your driver. You guys have found victory lane enough to know what works for your program. The experts are giving you the best advise they can from their knowledge and experience. Keep in mind many are not in the same geographical area / dirt, on the same tire, or dealing with the same size driver. I have no doubt that they share the best information or what has worked for them but that may not be what works for you. A few years ago I had to stop sharing what we were doing on our chassis b/c people thought I was intentionally misleading them. Awhile back there was a guy on here struggling on the same chassis. Plenty of suggestions were given but they couldn't get a handle on it. I PM'd him my set-up and it happened to work for him. Our drivers were similar builds so that's my guess on why it worked for him but not for others.

You made a great choice with selecting BRB for support. Jared at Diamond Cuts would be another relationship I'd try to develop. These guys will know the tracks, chassis, and tires.

I hear you and have been there and done that. My suggestion is focus on your driver and your program. It's good to ask questions and look for suggestions but trust your driver. You guys have found victory lane enough to know what works for your program. The experts are giving you the best advise they can from their knowledge and experience. Keep in mind many are not in the same geographical area / dirt, on the same tire, or dealing with the same size driver. I have no doubt that they share the best information or what has worked for them but that may not be what works for you. A few years ago I had to stop sharing what we were doing on our chassis b/c people thought I was intentionally misleading them. Awhile back there was a guy on here struggling on the same chassis. Plenty of suggestions were given but they couldn't get a handle on it. I PM'd him my set-up and it happened to work for him. Our drivers were similar builds so that's my guess on why it worked for him but not for others.

You made a great choice with selecting BRB for support. Jared at Diamond Cuts would be another relationship I'd try to develop. These guys will know the tracks, chassis, and tires.
Yea we met Jered at OVKA he seems like a great kid also.

Our issue on the TritonJr was one set of "experts" were saying one thing and another group was saying another. Meanwhile I was trying to get a driver seat time. Finally decided to experiment a little with the tweak and this was the first time the driver could give good feedback. He's young inexperienced and does know how to verbalize what he's feeling yet. Moving this RF caster to the back hole caused him to be unsettled on entrance. He noticed it quickly but we didn't just run back to where we were. I had him try manage it and be even more smooth. Then when I finally moved it back it all came together for him.

But, I think he's definitely growing up in that aspect. BRB has been great to work with. Chase seems to know tires and our prep line we use really well.

Ok. I thought i read in here that the LF should be in the rear hole. But as I was reviewing again I couldn’t find that reference.

Have you tried the RF spacer block yet?
I haven’t, but plan on trying it on both karts.

What Burris Racer said about driver size is so true. Our karts are identical, but my drivers aren’t and use different setups. Caster/camber & stagger the same, cross, left and nose different.

Back