2019 Recon

Cope1

Looking for a good base setup to start out with. 240 pound driver. Hard low bite sometimes dusty tracks in the Midwest. Corners are slightly sweeping. Have Vega and Maxxis tires. Internal is Superior 60 cc rights 30 cc lefts in the Maxxis no internal in the yellow Vegas. Currently using Pink Magic and Pink Magic liquid gold at the track depending upon how much bite I need. Finally going to try out a Phantom kart as I am currently on an 02 and 05 Tempest. Main track calls for tires around 45 to 50 for the 370 pound class. Thank you!

Left 59.5
Cross 65.6
Rear 54.5
Caster 8 and 12
. 5 lf camber
2.5 rf camber
Rear track 39 inches probably need to move both rear wheels in?
Seat 9 inches off axle
Anyone want to critique this setup?

Nose: 45.5%
Left: 61.0%
Cross: 63.0%

LF: Camber: +0.25 | Caster: 8 | Toe: 0
RF: Camber: -2.50 | Caster: 12 | Toe: 1/16" Out

We no longer check track width, as it is much more accurate to set the hubs. So, from the outside edge of the cassette (closest to the hub) to the outside edge of the hub (where the wheel mounts) your RR should be set at 4-1/2", and the LR at 4-1/4". That is with a 10" and 8-1/2" wheel.

Thanks for the information James. Stagger is at 1 1/2 front 1 1/4 rear. As far as tires go compared to my old karts probably a bit more bite and all 4 tires the same duro instead of the lr a bit harder? Thanks Ted

Won the first heat race and tires got away from me for the second heat and then switched tires for feature ended up a distant second. However i know what to do with tires now I believe so maybe next time will be better. Definitely has some speed into and out of the corners! Thanks

Last edited:
Back