2019 rules on weights

Can someone clarify this. Do weights that are mounted to the seat and every where else on the chassis, have to be safety wire to the chassis ? Per nka rule it says yes. Just want to make sure I’m right, I know they have to be double nut and painted and certain bolts.
Thanks

What I just read in NKA up-dates IF your racing under NKA sanctioned event, that's the way I take it you would be correct.
Hopefully someone closer connected will confirm.

No they dont need to be safety wired, its RECOMMENDED but not required, per NKA. However they do need to be double nutted with 1/4" of thread showing.

Just read it again Earl that's NOT what it say's YES at the end its say's drilling pinned or wired in addition to double nut ( So I take as end of bolt only ) is highly recommended, BUT up top it reads wired to the kart NO mention of Recommended there, If the statement at the end is meant for the wiring to the Kart it's VERY poorly written.

I hope your right though.

Thanks

Yes first sentence says bolted and wired to kart.

Curious how you take it ? I think the highly recommended statement near the end ONLY applies to drilling a hole in last 1/4" of bolt and PIN or WIRE it just as an added precaution the nuts don't back off, I don't take that statement to apply that the weight's do not have to be wired to the Kart.

Yes I agree the statement is miss printed.
Double nuts on the bolts. IS required.
Addition of safety wire or pins is optional.

The rule as written says must be wired to kart.
The only thing that is optional is the safety wire or safety clip in the exposed 1/4 inch of bolt past the double lock nuts .
That's what the written rule states.
Assuming it is incorrectly written , would be an assumption .
Clarification is needed on the safety wired to kart part of the rule.

The rule as written says must be wired to kart.
The only thing that is optional is the safety wire or safety clip in the exposed 1/4 inch of bolt past the double lock nuts .
That's what the written rule states.
Assuming it is incorrectly written , would be an assumption .
Clarification is needed on the safety wired to kart part of the rule.

I Agree with this 100%, If I'm going to a NKA event and based on just reading there update my weight's would be WIRED TO THE KART.

I'm interpreting your statement "Some of my weights are 10" from kart"
Isn't the seat part of the kart?

Are you saying it should say safety wired to the kart, chassis, floor pan, weight tab? Why say all that when it can be simplified?

I think by saying wired to the kart the seat would be fine, or they would of said wired to the chassis, but who knows I'm being told it's optional so WHY word it the way they have, Can't believe NKA rep or Cert Tech has not seen this and clarified it.

NKA certified tech man has seen this thread, and he says read the whole rule. He will not re-write what the wording is, and this is the same words used in 2018.

Back