2020 Prodigy Cadet

Need a Low bite setup for a Prodigy cadet
Dry slick dusty track
Burris 33a Clone Lite and Medium
what track? typically the set up is the same and the tires are different. lower pressure and a prep that will get you stuck to the track. what pressure you running now?

your PSI is fine but your chassis is off 55-55.5 rear and 65-68 cross. get those numbers corrected and see how she goes. aim for 66-67 cross. (works on mine). your front end is too heavy and you have your cross is low to compensate.

do you have lead in the front end?

The track requires low cross is pretty much flat all the way around, no banking at all. I’ve had the kart setup pretty good i just need to find some more bite and get around the corners a little better. Maybe krug will do the trick? I will try and bump my rear up but looking for more bite. Feature time my tires are around 50 on duro.

The track requires low cross is pretty much flat all the way around, no banking at all. I’ve had the kart setup pretty good i just need to find some more bite and get around the corners a little better. Maybe krug will do the trick? I will try and bump my rear up but looking for more bite. Feature time my tires are around 50 on duro.
my track is flat out all the way round with a limited modified animal when the track is dry slick. running 59/60 left 55.5 rear and 67.5 cross. your kart is set up wrong but if you think its good that way have at it.
most Carolina tracks are dead flat and Nall runs 72 cross. So what is he doing wrong????
if you're looking for some speed set up the chassis the way it was intended.

my track is flat out all the way round with a limited modified animal when the track is dry slick. running 59/60 left 55.5 rear and 67.5 cross. your kart is set up wrong but if you think its good that way have at it.
most Carolina tracks are dead flat and Nall runs 72 cross. So what is he doing wrong????
if you're looking for some speed set up the chassis the way it was intended.
What do u need to run on camber LF and RF?

.25 left and 250 on the right is a good place to start. check how the dirt covers the right tire if there is an inch of unused tire on the outside you need less camber if its rolling over on the side wall you need more. what is your stagger?

1 you need to understand how a Prodigy works. these high cross chassis are designed to roll on the right front and left rear down the straight. when the turn is initiated the kart plants the other two wheels on the track to get you around the corner.
you kart is set up in everyway to correct a bad front end. its too heavy and to compensate you have no cross and big stagger to get it to turn.
When set up correctly, your chassis will be fast AND handle. get the percentages worked out and that kart will come alive. they want low stagger for roll speed that chassis has a really narrow rear end to get you on as less as you can get away with. dont run that chassis like a phantom run it like a Charger. that thing is one of the best chassis currently out. if you have the chassis right you will need to work on tires. where do you race?

1 you need to understand how a Prodigy works. these high cross chassis are designed to roll on the right front and left rear down the straight. when the turn is initiated the kart plants the other two wheels on the track to get you around the corner.
you kart is set up in everyway to correct a bad front end. its too heavy and to compensate you have no cross and big stagger to get it to turn.
When set up correctly, your chassis will be fast AND handle. get the percentages worked out and that kart will come alive. they want low stagger for roll speed that chassis has a really narrow rear end to get you on as less as you can get away with. dont run that chassis like a phantom run it like a Charger. that thing is one of the best chassis currently out. if you have the chassis right you will need to work on tires. where do you race?
I race in Kentucky i’m sure you never heard of these tracks Rockport Raceway, Triple d, Clay city, J&M. Rockport is the dry slick marble track. I’ve never tried anything above 63% cross over there. I come out over the cornor spinning tires there’s just no bite because the kart will just not stay pinned down on the bottom. Everywhere else besides there i run usually 68% cross and 53.5 rear.

im friends with BRB ill get back to you with what prep but you need to give Chase Caudill a call and get on his tire program

And I've been to Clay City out in that cornfield next to the drag strip.
and there is no set up for dry slick there are tires/prep for that. we have a track that is as slick as they come but when you give it the right prep your stuck like glue.

Back