2021 AKRA Rules

DynoDon

I am soon to send the rules changes and updates to AKRA for consideration to the book for 2021. If you have any thoughts you would like to share with me feel free to do so. Please try to keep it professional. Thank you. Don

I am soon to send the rules changes and updates to AKRA for consideration to the book for 2021. If you have any thoughts you would like to share with me feel free to do so. Please try to keep it professional. Thank you. Don
Flattop1 ..... you are so correct about my optimisim LOL

I would need to get permission from AKRA to do that. Also although I know you wouldn’t raise a stink there are others that would and I am getting gun shy as the years go on lol. I will tell you that there are no big changes that is going to cost any money. A lot of additions and deletions to language

I would like to see Billet Rods approved for use. I have had problems with stock rods this year some engines didn't even make it past break in or off the Dyno before they had a problem and destroyed the crank or seized up. And yes blocks were lined bored, all parts were inspected and prep, clearances were set correctly it was due to just bad batch of rods.

I would like to see (and I’m sure it will be) a cleared method on this new lift tool, I think it’s a great tool and effective, but as we stand now we are going back and forth with a retainer check to to new tool back to a retainer. One method one end result, I’m never in favor of changing a rule or procedure in the middle of a season. Get rid of the retainer check and go with the new tool !

The billet rod comes up every year and AKRA says no to it.
As for the new tool I also would like to see it the tool for 2021. I am proposing it but not sure they will do it. It is going to be the tool for 2022. I think they want some field testing before they officially land it on us. I can somewhat understand that. It is new and only came out 3 months ago.

The billet rod comes up every year and AKRA says no to it.
As for the new tool I also would like to see it the tool for 2021. I am proposing it but not sure they will do it. It is going to be the tool for 2022. I think they want some field testing before they officially land it on us. I can somewhat understand that. It is new and only came out 3 months ago.
I can see that also, I just feel we need to make a decision on which method to use and stick with it, the retainer had worked for years now and I see inaccuracies with it, but if we gonna go to a new method then please don’t refer back to the old for a final decision, leaves too much room for argument in the tech barn !!

After speaking with AKRA this afternoon they feel because of the timing of the new tool it would be best to give all parties involved in building engines an ample amount of time to purchase and begin using the new tool. To force everyone in the sport to purchase it for the 2021 season would be problematic. It is going to be the only tool for 2022

There is no stuff that passes the new tester since I suggested backing it down to 10 instead of 25. It was passing at 25 but not at 10

Back