2021 Phantom chassis

riddler26

Has anyone heard what the plan is for next year with the flat kart or if they are going to make champ karts for 2021?
Thanks
Ty

Yes, the Scythe is here to stay!

And just to clear up some rumors, we are offering the Scythe with two different rail thicknesses. The original Scythe uses 0.083" main rails. Now, due to high demand, we're offering a 0.095" Scythe as well!

Please specify 0.095" when ordering if you want the thicker/stiffer chassis. Otherwise, they come standard at 0.083".

What are the advantages of one over the other?

When it comes to chassis dynamics, generally speaking, a stiffer chassis rolls freer, but creates less bite. A softer/flexible chassis will create more bite, but will lose some of it's roll speed. It's a give and take situation.

Ultimately, the 0.095" chassis will create more outright/roll speed. The original, 0.083" will bite harder, be more user friendly, and more consistent.

Hope that clears some things up without really diving into a huge scientific explanation...

Yes, the Scythe is here to stay!

And just to clear up some rumors, we are offering the Scythe with two different rail thicknesses. The original Scythe uses 0.083" main rails. Now, due to high demand, we're offering a 0.095" Scythe as well!

Please specify 0.095" when ordering if you want the thicker/stiffer chassis. Otherwise, they come standard at 0.083".
I guess it's kind of like what Charger is doing with the Prodigy? Same 1-1/4" diameter tubing but different thicknesses. How does the .083 1-1/4, compare to the small tube karts like the Minecon and Triton Jr?

this is the new "tire sensitive ultra fast chassis the pros will be on who know how to dial in that perfect combination" vs the softer more forgiving "Saturday night special version for the price conscious racer who doesn't have a trailer full of tires"

this is the new "tire sensitive ultra fast chassis the pros will be on who know how to dial in that perfect combination" vs the softer more forgiving "Saturday night special version for the price conscious racer who doesn't have a trailer full of tires"
Actually a couple people i know who are on the .095 say its more tire friendly and consistent.

That’s interesting since the original post says the smaller one will be more user friendly. Which is the truth?

Theoretically, from a chassis dynamics perspective - a softer chassis has the tendency to be more "user friendly" because the chassis flexes more and does more work. However, if the 095 chassis suits a specific driver and/or tire program better, that customer will be willing to say it is more "user friendly."

For example, quite a few struggled dialing in their Deuce. However, I feel like I couldn't miss on mine. My personal Deuce was one of the best karts I ever rode and I never had an issue with it (while others did).

So, as the saying goes: "different strokes for different folks..."

Theoretically, from a chassis dynamics perspective - a softer chassis has the tendency to be more "user friendly" because the chassis flexes more and does more work. However, if the 095 chassis suits a specific driver and/or tire program better, that customer will be willing to say it is more "user friendly."

For example, quite a few struggled dialing in their Deuce. However, I feel like I couldn't miss on mine. My personal Deuce was one of the best karts I ever rode and I never had an issue with it (while others did).

So, as the saying goes: "different strokes for different folks..."
Thanks for the info!

I’m kind of curious about moving a Jr3 driver off TritonJr into the 0.083 Scythe. I’m not sure if we’re ready to give up that bite the kart is making.

When it comes to chassis dynamics, generally speaking, a stiffer chassis rolls freer, but creates less bite. A softer/flexible chassis will create more bite, but will lose some of it's roll speed. It's a give and take situation.

Ultimately, the 0.095" chassis will create more outright/roll speed. The original, 0.083" will bite harder, be more user friendly, and more consistent.

Hope that clears some things up without really diving into a huge scientific explanation...
So like the minecon or deuce o.o83 will flex like that im thinking on getting a minecon for me so being a heavier guy id want that flex correct or is the duece a better chassis for a hevier guy just like the triton was

So like the minecon or deuce o.o83 will flex like that im thinking on getting a minecon for me so being a heavier guy id want that flex correct or is the duece a better chassis for a hevier guy just like the triton was
Depend how heavy you're talking. Yes, either the Deuce or .095 Scythe would be better than a Minecon

Back