2021 rules

DynoDon

I am soon to send the rules changes and updates to AKRA for consideration to the book for 2021. If you have any thoughts you would like to share with me feel free to do so. Please try to keep it professional. Thank you. Don

The most major will be in everyone’s best interest in that the oil hole in the rod will have a .219 no go. A 7/32 drill bit is .2188. Shims/washers on top of EXHAUST valve guide will be permitted. Only the 1.6 mm piston and ring assembly allowed. The use of the 1 mm stock piston/ring assembly will no longer be permitted. Some additional language for safety but most language clarification I should have the corrections to what is posted on my site fixed in the next day or so.

Last edited:
Do you know if there are any changes to the rules on helmets? I'm about to buy a new one and I don't want to buy it and not be able to use it next year.

Yes. The helmet rules are going to be updated. I am waiting to discuss it with AKRA today or tomorrow. I will post what I find out on here

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201206-194801.png
    Screenshot_20201206-194801.png
    286.1 KB · Views: 49
I think AKRA may have mis informed me today. I read what is printed in the 2020 rule book and it says 2010. I myself I am somewhat confused
Don, AKRA was the same as WKA good for 11 racing seasons, meaning 2010 was good till Dec 20th of 2021, If it didn't change in the last year or so.

To the best of my knowledge SA stands for snell approved and the M stands for motorcycle which I do believe do not qualify or pass for snell rating that was put in place many years ago for the states and country’s that a helmet is mandatory to wear on a bike. From what I understand the M helmets are not as safe as the SA helmets in order to keep cost down is what I was told from a local motorcycle shop

This explanation may clear up some things .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201207-220440_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201207-220440_Chrome.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 53
Back