2021 Rules

What's up with the new legal exhaust header (EXF5511)? Is this a newer version of the Pro Gas header with port extension? Can't find the P/N searching the RLV website or anywhere else on the internet.

"13.5 Oil Drain and Fill (Updated 12/14/20) One magnetic drain plug may be used (recommended in the lower opening). Oil fill caps are non-tech but must be secure and air tight. "

Makes sense to me.

Kind of surprised the 5530 (outlaw) pipe wasn't included if they were going to make a change to the pipes allowed. It sure helps clear the sprocket on certain pavement chassis, as well as champ and oval karts.
The MACKS champs in Indiana have already approved it's use, so I guess it's still a "local option" item.
Not sure why the 5506 "may" not be legal in 2021.

The magnetic drain plug has been a non-issue for a while now. We've offered our own magnetic drain plugs for these engines from the very beginning and have sold a ton of them to builders and racers. I don't know of a tech man in the country who had an issue with them, but thankfully now we have "official" approval.

Overall, I like what I see. No big changes, simple clarifications. All helps with healthy growth of the program.
Now we just need the county and state health departments to get on board with boosting consumer confidence! :)

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
31 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

I'm not talking about outlaw rules, Dan. There's more to dirt racing than winged outlaw karts. :)
The addition of the 5530 pipe (no performance advantage) would help some guys who currently have fitment problems with their flat and champ karts (sprint and oval.)
It might also keep guys from altering their current pipe to make them fit.
Just a thought I was putting out there.

Thanks for the clarity, Brian, and you're hilarious! Understand your point, have encountered exactly what you're referring to regarding fits. The "downside" might be familiarity of various pipes under the tech tent? Not all are stamped w/ part numbers, that's tougher to monitor. Then, the ever-present racers tugging at one's sleeve while pointing to a competitors pipe that doesn't look "right", increases anxiety. Not sure about you, but I cant go to a track anymore w/o a collection of new pipes as a reference.

I would like to see a picture of a left hand mounted LO206 on a sprint kart. I'm interested in seeing how difficult (if is) getting to the coil starter next to the seat and where the carb/air filter is located. Anyone have a picture??

Jimbo posted this with WF engines . Couldn't be much different .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210121-213047_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210121-213047_Chrome.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 87
I would like to see a picture of a left hand mounted LO206 on a sprint kart. I'm interested in seeing how difficult (if is) getting to the coil starter next to the seat and where the carb/air filter is located. Anyone have a picture??
This is probably the most popular senior version, but definitely not the only one. They make a cadet version which is probably the most sold lefty chassis.

https://nitro-kart.myshopify.com/co...ro-kart-full-size-chassis-4-cycle-left-engine

Back