2021 VDKA - Race #1 Albemarle Speedway April 24, 2021

PJ-VA

A quick note to let you know what is happening.....
Let's go Racing!! $500 Pro Race for the day will be Clone Heavy, thanks to Avis Electric for sponsoring again this year!
VDKA will be at Albemarle Speedway April 24th for race #1 - 2021! Gates open at 7am with practice scheduled for 9:00a.m. Only a handful have sent in their memberships to secure their kart number for the year....I suggest you send yours in quickly to hopefully lock in your number, we are not allowing add on letters etc this year as it leads to too much confusion on the track. Registration will be very busy with memberships race entries so please come prepared with your forms filled out, membership form is on the VDKA website.
Thank you to all the sponsors that have already sent in your payment - we need to have all sponsor $$ paid before or at the first race. We still have a few spots left - $300 per spot, just let me know.
Still working on the final race line up but think it will be pretty close to last year's with Burris out and Predator in.
AWARDS FROM 2020 - I will have the Jackets, the Big Birds and the awards with me at the track. I have been advised by Maxxis that their tire inventory is LOW but we will be getting our order of HT3 9.00 in time for the race, hopefully the rest will be available by the May race...........I will post a list of winners and would like to know if everyone will be at the race on the 24th...unless you contact ME to hold your tires - they will not be given to anyone else.... Obviously with this added event - the day is going to be crazy and busy.....Work with me guys and I will have everything worked out.....eventually for the day!
PLEASE READ UPDATED INFORMATION ON THE FUEL FILTER RULE IN TECH SECTION. GAS FOR RACE IS SOLD AT THE TRACK.

Pete Guthrie

tSptotnh2s lohrlrdeds ·
I know many of you are wondering about this weekend's race at Albemarle (me too!!!) due to the chance of rain........... the staff at the track are watching and so is the VDKA Board, - I'm saying we will make a call before lunchtime Friday....may be sooner depending on the weather reports...but just know WE ARE WATCHING IT CAREFULLY TOO.
PETE

Weights
All bolt-on weight must be WHITE in color..

All weight added to meet minimum kart/driver weight requirements shall be bolted to the kart with a minimum 5/16 or 8mm through bolt if under 7 lbs....Single Weight or Stacked Weights over 7 pounds will require a minimum single 3/8 bolt, or two 5/16 bolts. All bolts are to use double nuts, with threads of approx 1/4" still visible after the jam nut.( Nylock recommend for jam nut)...

Weight mounted to the seat will need a large washer (fender washer type) between the seat and head of bolt to prevent the head of the bolt from pulling through the seat. Elevator bolts excluded from washer requirement....

**** REMINDER *******

All air filter( IF you chose to use them ) Must filter from sides only...NO open ended filters...You can tape open end closed to make filter legal...This includes the Limited Class...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The Clone Walker High-Perforance Filter is Legal as long as the flat side is facing down to the tire or toward the rear of kart....

1619115569459.png

WIRE TIE SEALS WILL BE USED IN ALL CLASSES EXCEPT PREDATOR ..... QUESTIONS ON WERE HOLES ARE NEEDED CONTACT YOUR BUILDER OR PM ME....Thanks......

** Reminder ***
Fuel filters are NOT allowed between the fuel pump and the carburetor....This applies to BOTH clone & animal motors,,,,You are allowed to have fuel filter in line between fuel tank and fuel pump....

Doug Johnson

With the rain coming tomorrow afternoon VDKA has decided to cancel tomorrow's event and move it to the rain date July 10th. First race will be at CCS ON May 22nd. Thank you for bearing with us.

Mother Nature Has Won This One.....

Back