2022 Briggs LO206 Rules are Available

https://briggsracing.com/sites/default/files/ruleset/briggs_2022_206_rules_us_final_b.pdf

1 rule change / clarification -- no restrictions in the fuel line.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
OK I will ask. Why would you want to make a restriction?

IMO - Basically this rule change does not allow a fuel filter, which acts as a restriction, to be installed in fuel line between fuel pump and carb inlet. More a safety rule than anything I believe.

IMO - Basically this rule change does not allow a fuel filter, which acts as a restriction, to be installed in fuel line between fuel pump and carb inlet. More a safety rule than anything I believe.
The fuel filter is not the reason for the change. The no fuel filter between the pump and carb has been in there a long time. There was a builder that was caught in Florida using another type of restriction ( ie similar to a jet) in the fuel line just above the carb inlet. He thought it was a gray area and tech did not.

According to Dons post today the filter location, which became a problem last year when it led to a fire, is magically not mentioned in the 2022 rules. and isnt the filter itself a restriction?

Fuel Filter rule is in same place in Rule Set as last year.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220214-223802_Word.jpg
    Screenshot_20220214-223802_Word.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 70
What possible advantage could a restriction in the gas line before the carb be?

Last edited:
See Gab507's post above = good explanation.

In reality, this is simply a clarification since the rule has always been: "Unless the rules say you can do it, then you can't do it."
Page 1 & page 4.

CKNA also has their rules released for 2022. They have added a spec on the spark plug gap (min. .016.") Please check out their website for all of their rules.

Thanks,
Brian

MikeB7372 wrote:
I thought you couldn't gap the autolite plug

You would be surprised what people are doing.

That rule was actually in place with CKNA last year, due to people stretching the rules.

Steve once told me: "I don't write the rules, I merely enforce them."

That has changed.

He found Briggs to be lacking, so Greg allowed him to add Supplemental Rules.

See Gab507's post above = good explanation.

In reality, this is simply a clarification since the rule has always been: "Unless the rules say you can do it, then you can't do it."
Page 1 & page 4.

CKNA also has their rules released for 2022. They have added a spec on the spark plug gap (min. .016.") Please check out their website for all of their rules.

Thanks,
Brian
It's actually .018"

The fuel line rule change was in response to the DQ that occurred between Stewart Race Engines and CKNA this year. Rumor was they had something inserted into the fuel line to widen it between the fuel pump and the carb. For what purpose I have no idea, more fuel to the carb?

The fuel line update was because Stewart used a RESTRICTOR in the fuel line, not something widening the fuel line. This has been done in the past by other builders until they were told to stop in various other organizations. Provides more of a controlled fuel flow to the carb rather than large pulses of fuel flow caused by the fuel pump.

The fuel line update was because Stewart used a RESTRICTOR in the fuel line, not something widening the fuel line. This has been done in the past by other builders until they were told to stop in various other organizations. Provides more of a controlled fuel flow to the carb rather than large pulses of fuel flow caused by the fuel pump.
That is why they want you to change out fuel line before it swells. The rule isn’t because of big fuel line because they have said that you need to make sure fuel line is 1/4 not smaller

Back