2022 Briggs LO206 Rules are Available

No

I'm not convinced that was the entirety of intent either.
Reducing the line diameter increases pressure.

I don't think it's in anyone best interest to discuss ways to cheat or the "whys" of how something illegal could have been an advantage.
Some things are fairly obvious -- others, not so much.
Just trust that the rules (most in fact) are there to limit what you can do as far as increasing performance.

The fuel line update was because Stewart used a RESTRICTOR in the fuel line, not something widening the fuel line. This has been done in the past by other builders until they were told to stop in various other organizations. Provides more of a controlled fuel flow to the carb rather than large pulses of fuel flow caused by the fuel pump.
Ahh, that makes more sense. I knew they monkeyed with the fuel line, but didn’t understand what they were trying to achieve.

The argument made is that the "non restricted" fuel setup can cause rich spots in the range. Adding a jet (metered restriction) in the line makes fuel delivery to the bowl more consistent across the demand curve. I can't recall what the size was, probably better that I don't. I remember joking that I was going to have fuel line of that same ID made :D

It's not a fuel pressure thing.. Any pressure gain is negated by the fact that the fuel is entering a vented chamber.

For the purposes of 206, it goes against the sprit and intent of the rules, so I'm glad they see they took action.

/edited to add that similar has been done with shifter engines to solve bogging issues.

Last edited:
Back