2022 Kinetic

bullerman

I bought a 2022 Kenetic. Had been running in the Junior class. I put a larger seat in it. I put it on some bathroom scales. All I have. I am not looking at the numbers right now i don't knkw exactly what they were. Ine thing I didn't understand. The rigjt front spindle was high and the left front was low. I changed it to left front neutral and right front 2 washers down. I had a bad push front center off. It seemed to turn in good.
I have never seen the right front high and the left front low. Just wondering. I have to add about 13 pounds for the class. Going to put it back on a good set of scales this time.

get with Brandon at CKI, but start with 4 washers on top of right front and 4 on bottom left, if you need to change go with 5 and 5

get with Brandon at CKI, but start with 4 washers on top of right front and 4 on bottom left, if you need to change go with 5 and 5
That’s really not changing the spindle position then? I’d be the complete opposite 4/4. 4 top left 4 bottom right.

I have 4/4. Will give that a try. I am working trying g to get some stagger in these Reaper tires. I am thinking about staying in the Box Stock class. We have to run Reapers. I have 1/2 rear and 1" front stagger. I am sure i need more.

I have 4/4. Will give that a try. I am working trying g to get some stagger in these Reaper tires. I am thinking about staying in the Box Stock class. We have to run Reapers. I have 1/2 rear and 1" front stagger. I am sure i need more.
Front stagger should be 1 1/2”
Rear stagger depends on track size but you should be anywhere from 1”- 1 1/2”
Your washers depend how much bite the track has but for us 4/4 is really low bite

I would say it is a low bite track especially last weekend. That's what i have the Reapers at now. 1 1/2 front and 1 1/4 rear if they hold it.
If it has more bite would you go to 5/5? Nit sure about that. It will never be a high bite track i believe. I didn't say but i run the Box Stock class at 350lb. We have to run Reapers. The track has 44' radius turns with 135' straightaway. Thanks for the information.

I am not sure. I believe it was at 2.75. Going to get on the scales before Saturday. Short flat track with tight turns. Not a lot of grip.

Not sure what degree spindles you have but I would be at 2.5 or less on a flat track with this kart .5 left front camber
1-1/2 front stagger and rear no less than 1-1/4 rear
3/4” on between left rear wheel and the frame
67-68 cross
5 and 5washers both sides spindles

Not sure what degree spindles you have but I would be at 2.5 or less on a flat track with this kart .5 left front camber
1-1/2 front stagger and rear no less than 1-1/4 rear
3/4” on between left rear wheel and the frame
67-68 cross
5 and 5washers both sides spindles
I dont think that high cross will work on the Vulcan at that track, we tried it, it might work for some but not us.

45.5 nose
60 left
67-68 cross good track Hard and fast 66-67 if like a a slicker wiping track
1/8-1/2 LF camber
2-1/2 to 2-3/4 RF camber
Caster 8 and 12

You have to change the rt front Camber on a flat track so the tire lays down more 2-3/4 is too much camber especially on the tires you’re running that have no grip. Also get more rear stagger to get it to turn threw the center. Either 4 and 4 on washers or 5 and 5
These newer karts are like a spring so yes the spindles are going to be up on one side and down on other. Check the rear axle settings also. I have attached a pic of the way they should be set. Get the stagger closer and and washers right then put it on the scales. Change the camber to 2-1/2. Make sure you’re setting the toe 1/16 out on right front. Make sure the air pressure is correct on scales or it will be way off!
I would set air to a 1lb difference from left to right.

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 30
  • image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 68641472225__8A87248F-1997-492F-B416-502C607053D4.jpeg
    68641472225__8A87248F-1997-492F-B416-502C607053D4.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 30
I have it set to 4/4. I am going with 2.50 rf camber and .50 left front. Will go with 1/16 toe out on rf. I am going to try for 46.5 nose, 59 or 60 left and 60 to 64 cross.
I have 1 1/2 front stagger and 1 1/4 rear. Going to scale it with 6lb on right sides and 5lb on left side. May try it with 5 and 5 and see if there is any difference. Seat is centered and 5/8 " from steering tube. The center of the seat is about 1/4 to left of the rotor. Top of seat is 10" off axle but i don't like it. Axle is in lower mounting holes on both sides low. Rear and front hubs are where Kinetic said. Going to try this if i can get the numbers. I have 20 lbs added to the kart. 4lb on the nose and the rest on the seat.

I have it set to 4/4. I am going with 2.50 rf camber and .50 left front. Will go with 1/16 toe out on rf. I am going to try for 46.5 nose, 59 or 60 left and 60 to 64 cross.
I have 1 1/2 front stagger and 1 1/4 rear. Going to scale it with 6lb on right sides and 5lb on left side. May try it with 5 and 5 and see if there is any difference. Seat is centered and 5/8 " from steering tube. The center of the seat is about 1/4 to left of the rotor. Top of seat is 10" off axle but i don't like it. Axle is in lower mounting holes on both sides low. Rear and front hubs are where Kinetic said. Going to try this if i can get the numbers. I have 20 lbs added to the kart. 4lb on the nose and the rest on the seat.
That Sounds good!
I ran my seat at 9-3/4 off the axle..
Only thing I would change is the weight on the front that’s going to be too much nose weight. I would put it on the seat instead..

I have it so i can move it easily. I will see what it shows and go from there. Will post what i end up with. The tires are a question. I have some Pink Magic prep. Think i will out a couple if coats on them Friday and then will wait until i get to the track Saturday to put anymore prep on them. I have read you don't want to over prep them. Still learning this.

It’s going to push if you run that much nose weight just saying… make sure when you scale to compensate for the weight of the fuel or your nose weight will be lower. I don’t see you running 5-6 air with those tires. Drop the air down to 3.5 left 4.5 rt on the scales. I would wipe the tires very little if any just going to slow you down from what I seen.

Ended up with 1 1/8 rear and 1 1/2 front stagger. Had to take the weight off the nose right off the bat. Also had to move the seat back to 1" from the steering tube. It was 45.9 percent nose. Left side is 58.9. Cross is at 67. I may go ahead and move 2 washers on the left front to reduce cross a little. Going for 64% cross. Set camber to 2.50 rf a d .50 left front. 1/16 rf toe out. Have 12 and 8 caster. Seat is a little high. Right at 10 inches but it feels good. The front end was way off especially the left front camber. Hope it does better.

Prob could use a little more left, but the numbers look pretty good, but the 1 1/8 rear stagger probably needs to be a little more for Dega.

Back