2022 Pursuit “tubes”

Sorry gang i'm a little suspicious helping someone, who obviously has a manufacturing background, about how to determine the specs of one of the hottest karts on the current market. In other threads I have seen people refuse to divulge the inner diameter of a Jones tire ring in order to divert a copy from being constructed.
The Slack Pursuit is an awesome chassis that has proven itself against all others time and time again in all classes. that's anybody really needs to know. Would you NOT buy a winning kart because you disagreed with the wall thickness of the tubes? are we really going tell him how to build a chassis without R&D for the price of a sandwich?
He can always just buy one and chop it up. at least Performance would have made some money for their efforts
There's a WHOLE LOT more to developing a competitive chassis than discovering the wall thickness in a particular kart.
No one's giving away any trade secrets. Just like one guy taking a particular tire cut profile and copying it, or rolling the cam in a particular winning engine.
As a chassis builder myself, I can tell you that Slack (and most kart manufacturers) is way ahead of the guy that is going to try to copy something they have developed. By the time someone were to put into production, test, and market their own "copy" (if there were even a market for such) the original would have been improved enough to merit a new model. We see it all the time. That's what makes racing so competitive. The folks copying tire profiles, cams, or chassis tubing thickness, are not on that competitive leading edge.

please re read my first post. My first suggestion was to call the manufacturer as its really up to them who they give the information as i dont trust getting information unless its from the horses mouth. his "friend" could do the same
anyone can buy anything and steal what ever they wish this is the current problem with china at the moment AND the reason we are all running a motor called the CLONE instead of using an American company like Briggs & Stratton or an original purpose built motor like the KT100

Last edited:
please re read my first post. My first suggestion was to call the manufacturer as its really up to them who they give the information as i dont trust getting information unless its from the horses mouth. his "friend" could do the same
anyone can buy anything and steal what ever they wish this is the current problem with china at the moment AND the reason we are all running a motor called the CLONE instead of using an American company like Briggs & Stratton or an original purpose built motor like the KT100
Lol i dont trust tire manufacturers.maybe its just me but dang the things i could do if i was in tire business and someone was willing to line my pockets.and same with house karts.what it boils down to is money.

There's a WHOLE LOT more to developing a competitive chassis than discovering the wall thickness in a particular kart.
No one's giving away any trade secrets. Just like one guy taking a particular tire cut profile and copying it, or rolling the cam in a particular winning engine.
As a chassis builder myself, I can tell you that Slack (and most kart manufacturers) is way ahead of the guy that is going to try to copy something they have developed. By the time someone were to put into production, test, and market their own "copy" (if there were even a market for such) the original would have been improved enough to merit a new model. We see it all the time. That's what makes racing so competitive. The folks copying tire profiles, cams, or chassis tubing thickness, are not on that competitive leading edge.
I dont understand what particularly they could be doing to the chassis that would make it any better than the guy who copied the chassis would make. Everything has had to have reached its limits by this point surely

I dont understand what particularly they could be doing to the chassis that would make it any better than the guy who copied the chassis would make. Everything has had to have reached its limits by this point surely
It's just like building engines. Someone new jumping in buying up engines copying them, or rebuilding them and putting their sticker on it. They might know what's done to them, but not WHY it was done and how it affects them. Same with Chassis, the guys that have experience already have some intuition and a step ahead. So they know the next steps to take to potentially make more speed, where the guys copying might not know the next step. And chances are have already started testing a new design, or have a few logical ideas for the next step for the new design after their latest design has already hit the track.

Now that doesn't mean that someone new doesn't have good ideas, but they'll still have to test it. That's how competitive products are made every day. But, the guys that set out and built something new on their own had the intuition of what would work. Now, even their original design probably wasn't 100% their own, but that's life.

Last edited:
I understand what you you are saying, and while I think we've hit a plateau of sorts in new developments, chassis builders are always improving their chassis to make more track speed. If they weren't we'd all still be running mid-'90s technology when the offset karts were first introduced.
FWIW, We've also seen tires change over the years and chassis being designed around the current tire construction and preps -- and even track conditions. As these newer, stiffer, chassis are introduced, us "up norf" folk are forced to make these rock hard chassis with their 70+% cross work on our black corn growing dirt. There's a reason that junior, cadet, small tube, etc. chassis sell better up here.

I understand what you you are saying, and while I think we've hit a plateau of sorts in new developments, chassis builders are always improving their chassis to make more track speed. If they weren't we'd all still be running mid-'90s technology when the offset karts were first introduced.
FWIW, We've also seen tires change over the years and chassis being designed around the current tire construction and preps -- and even track conditions. As these newer, stiffer, chassis are introduced, us "up norf" folk are forced to make these rock hard chassis with their 70+% cross work on our black corn growing dirt. There's a reason that junior, cadet, small tube, etc. chassis sell better up here.
Now this question, why couldn't you run more grippy numbers on a stiffer kart on a low grip track, or more free numbers on a softer kart if the track is hard and grippy?

You can, but the speed is found much easier/quicker in the softer tube chassis on low/no bite tracks.
Not to say you can't make a big tube kart work, it'll just take more effort. Same with an old straight rail kart -- sure you can make it work, but it will take a ton more work and likely still not produce the same amount of speed as a chassis that is better suited for the track.

You can, but the speed is found much easier/quicker in the softer tube chassis on low/no bite tracks.
Not to say you can't make a big tube kart work, it'll just take more effort. Same with an old straight rail kart -- sure you can make it work, but it will take a ton more work and likely still not produce the same amount of speed as a chassis that is better suited for the track.
That makes sense about the stiff kart. I've read that adult drivers have been racing prodigy cadets on fast hard tracks and I was wondering what that's all about

That makes sense about the stiff kart. I've read that adult drivers have been racing prodigy cadets on fast hard tracks and I was wondering what that's all about
because it works Nall, Chavous, 505 Cartel all run Cadet on every hard grippy track there is and win big big races against the best there is. and more than once that super stiff duce has proved to be a dud on the same tracks. its more than just the chassis. Slack has a stiff side and a soft side so go figure. fast guys can make the box the kart came in win.

I honestly think a flexible chassis with really free numbers is better than a stiff chassis
It's certainly easier to hit the tires right. You've got a wider sweet spot with the chassis, BUT it's also easier to lock it down or be in the race track too much on high bite, so you don't have the potential for speed that the newer/stiffer chassis have.
I still like the older Phenom style karts, Triton Jr, etc, but I wouldn't expect to bring one to a high bite Maxxis race in the south and be able to compete for the win with it.
J-remy is right on though - it's more than just the chassis. That said, you don't see many big races being won on older chassis because the fast guys are just about always on the latest stuff and looking for improvements on them. Phantom has been on top for so many years, that a model or two "dud" as he put it, still isn't too bad, and I suspect that these same guys could win races on that chassis too. The Prodigy Cadet has a been a good kart for a few years now, but I'm sure they are working on something new to replace it. :)

some chassis are great some not so much. having a good set up hitting tires and gear along with driving is more effective than chassis brand/type.

"Everything that can be invented has been invented." Stated by Charles H. Duell- Commissioner of US Patents in 1899

Back