2022 Rumble in Fort Wayne...attn Champ Karts...Your Input Needed!

As we inch closer to #rumble24, time to ask a few questions over the course of the next couple of weeks or so.

While impossible to monitor, the questions are intended for different aspects of the Rumble in Fort Wayne and hopefully will be answered only by those that have a direct interest in the question. As in a poll, please answer with only one of the answers shown.

Thank you for your time and support.

Question #1
What is your engine package preference for the Senior Champ class?
A. Clone only
B. Animal Only
C. Clone/Animal Mix, with weight breaks

Please voice your opinion HERE...
Rumble In Fort Wayne Facebook Page

I'm all for clone.

But if you run the animal you need to run the black plate. Not the OCKs black plate.

The information I posted I pulled here off of Bobs. This is just my .02 which probably isn't worth much.
20201223_151701.jpg

I vote you keep the same rules as last year. Someone else will run my buggy, but I have two animals and one clone.
Thanks.

Can we get some rules packages on here? Some of us don't have Facebook and would like to start preparing for the rumble.

Can we get some rules packages on here? Some of us don't have Facebook and would like to start preparing for the rumble.
The options were:
animal
clone
animal/clone mixed with weight break.
The differences in clone rules wouldn't be an issue (in my opinion) AKRA vs NKA (simply declare in tech.)
Animal plates would be a good bit of different (especially if you combine with clones.)
Between various animal plates, there's not a whole lot of difference in tune from my experience (big WKA gold plate, WKA black plate, OCKS?) At best you go up .0005" - .001" on main jet or drop the clip one notch. There is, however, considerable difference in power.
The numbers that Dougherty posted are a good bit high (especially the unrestricted animal.) Our dyno reads lower than most, I guess,...or I'm just not as good of a salesman. :)
I would think with a race of this caliber, you would not want to experiment with mixing engines and weights without some serious testing ahead of time.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The options were:
animal
clone
animal/clone mixed with weight break.
The differences in clone rules wouldn't be an issue (in my opinion) AKRA vs NKA (simply declare in tech.)
Animal plates would be a good bit of different (especially if you combine with clones.)
Between various animal plates, there's not a whole lot of difference in tune from my experience (big WKA gold plate, WKA black plate, OCKS?) At best you go up .0005" - .001" on main jet or drop the clip one notch. There is, however, considerable difference in power.
The numbers that Dougherty posted are a good bit high (especially the unrestricted animal.) Our dyno reads lower than most, I guess,...or I'm just not as good of a salesman. :)
I would think with a race of this caliber, you would not want to experiment with mixing engines and weights without some serious testing ahead of time.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
I was asking because he hasn't given a definite answer on the engine as well as age to run certain classes. I am wanting to know if I need to get a clone or if I can run one of our animals. Too bad he done away with the flathead class or else we would be running a flathead.

I was asking because he hasn't given a definite answer on the engine as well as age to run certain classes. I am wanting to know if I need to get a clone or if I can run one of our animals. Too bad he done away with the flathead class or else we would be running a flathead.
Are you trying to run just the champ kart?

@CarlsonMotorsports I found those numbers on bobs a few year ago. I don't have a dyno(sure wish I did just not in the budget). Also I'm still on the first square bit from the pack I bought last year. Hard to sell alot when stuff isn't wearing out🤣. The OCKS black plate was made just for them in the champ kart. It completely kills the animal to the point it's not even competitive with the clone.

@CarlsonMotorsports I found those numbers on bobs a few year ago. I don't have a dyno(sure wish I did just not in the budget). Also I'm still on the first square bit from the pack I bought last year. Hard to sell alot when stuff isn't wearing out🤣. The OCKS black plate was made just for them in the champ kart. It completely kills the animal to the point it's not even competitive with the clone.
Well depending upon the rules we may run flat and champ. I am one of those guys that has their stuff prepped a month before that race. So if I need to get another engine or 2 I have time to get them. My son who is my driver is teetering on the Jr class and adult class age bracket. So I would rather have all my ducks in a row.

Well depending upon the rules we may run flat and champ. I am one of those guys that has their stuff prepped a month before that race. So if I need to get another engine or 2 I have time to get them. My son who is my driver is teetering on the Jr class and adult class age bracket. So I would rather have all my ducks in a row.
All the flatkart stuff is clone so that takes some of that out.

Yea, I saw that - just saying that the animal numbers are high - can't speak for the others.
At some tracks, we were running unrestricted animal, and it was a strong class. Enough power to actually race instead of typical karting freight train. The black plate that we had to run with WKA and back east was not so terrible - knocked about 1 CHP off the top but you tuned the engine basically the same.
As for the tire cutting bits; I tell people all the time -- don't throw your old worn bits away, they'll cut Maxxis and other synthetic tires for years to come.
Cutting 33s without freezing them takes a good sharp bit though. :) Cutting used tires that have had harsh preps in them is tough on bits too. Of course used tires that have any grit in them (sand etc) wears bits out quickly. Cutting new rubber is considerably easier.
Definitely not a big money maker, but they're worth the money if you cut a bunch of tires for sure. :)

Back