2023 charger hybrid

What’s everyone’s opinion on the new charger hybrid and what is unique about it?
I spoke to guy riding one at the Burris Fall Nationals. He had been on it for a few months and had great things to say about it and results to back it up. He admittedly stated that tires are still key. I walked away with the feeling that the hybrid has a bigger tire window than the cadet.

My opinion is if you travel to multiple tracks or track surface isn't consistent it should be up for consideration when selecting a chassis. The thing to keep in mind is the top racers always seems to find a way to the front regardless of what chassis they're on.

I spoke to guy riding one at the Burris Fall Nationals. He had been on it for a few months and had great things to say about it and results to back it up. He admittedly stated that tires are still key. I walked away with the feeling that the hybrid has a bigger tire window than the cadet.

My opinion is if you travel to multiple tracks or track surface isn't consistent it should be up for consideration when selecting a chassis. The thing to keep in mind is the top racers always seems to find a way to the front regardless of what chassis they're on.
If you mainly race in hard dry slick tracks is it a good option?

I was told they flipped the tube sizes opposite Slack. I don’t know which is which with Slack. But, was told from a Charger dealer that they went the opposite way from Slack.
lol Premier took it from Slack and Charger builds the Premier (wonder where they got the idea?). don't know what they would achieve after Slack already figured it out to do it one way how doing the opposite would be better unless Charger is just throwing spaghetti at the wall.
However, talking with some of the chassis builders they are at a loss as to how to make them any better. It usually takes an improvement in tires, engines, or prep to develop an improvement in the chassis. We will see how the evolve does next year so far i have my doubts. my guess will be like most things top drivers will set it one way and just leave it. can't really see how moving a bolt is going to make the wrong tires work

If you mainly race in hard dry slick tracks is it a good option?
I don't think it would ever be a bad option.
The question is would be be any better than what you have and is it worth the expense? If you're already planning on buying a new chassis I would consider it. I'd give Charger a call and see what they recommend for your situation.

We will see how the evolve does next year so far i have my doubts. my guess will be like most things top drivers will set it one way and just leave it. can't really see how moving a bolt is going to make the wrong tires work

If it can expand the tire window then It would be effective.

Various tubing diameter and wall thicknesses have been used at least since 1993, and I'm sure I wasn't the first one to do it. LOL
I like what I've seen of Charger's new kart, but what sells is big names with big wins, not necessarily how well built a kart is or even if it is better than others available at the time. If the kart is used by some names to win some races this weekend (regardless of what the track is like or what tires it takes,) people will flock to buy it.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

If it can expand the tire window then It would be effective.
every kart on the market claims that. that's what the cadet model claimed as well. there are fads out there. Premier has been doing well and the people hear about the different tubes and because Pro racer X wins it must be better so various tube gauges is the secret to their success . Charger is just offering the latest fad and very smart for them they have sold three chassis with the same jig.

We bought a shadow taz in 1999…. It was all 1-1/4 but thinner wall, super tire friendly and fast wet track kart…. In 2000 We went with Rage on dirt, kart was tig welded, 1-1/4 main rails and 1-1/8 front hoop and middle section…. Kart before the dagger and silencer, and that kart was sooo good, everywhere. I don’t recall any karts prior to thr Banshee that were 1-1/4…..

We bought a shadow taz in 1999…. It was all 1-1/4 but thinner wall, super tire friendly and fast wet track kart…. In 2000 We went with Rage on dirt, kart was tig welded, 1-1/4 main rails and 1-1/8 front hoop and middle section…. Kart before the dagger and silencer, and that kart was sooo good, everywhere. I don’t recall any karts prior to thr Banshee that were 1-1/4…..
first year of the banshee was the start of the larger diameter tube deal. don't know if they were the first but the idea took off. absolutely hated mine thought my Shadow was way better

every kart on the market claims that. that's what the cadet model claimed as well. there are fads out there. Premier has been doing well and the people hear about the different tubes and because Pro racer X wins it must be better so various tube gauges is the secret to their success . Charger is just offering the latest fad and very smart for them they have sold three chassis with the same jig.

Ironically last year when we were looking to replace our Triton Jr; Hermie Sadler told me that there’s no way the Premier could make similar mechanical bite that our Triton Jr could make. Strangely he didn’t even attempt to sell me a Premier much less two
Premier’s which is what we were looking to do. Eventually bought two 2022 Pursuits.

Ironically last year when we were looking to replace our Triton Jr; Hermie Sadler told me that there’s no way the Premier could make similar mechanical bite that our Triton Jr could make. Strangely he didn’t even attempt to sell me a Premier much less two
Premier’s which is what we were looking to do. Eventually bought two 2022 Pursuits.
i'm just pointing out the buzz words kart companies use and trends they follow to get you on their chassis. im of the opinion that karts are sold on race wins. i think when Yarborough moves from Charger to Primier to Charger to whatever he could care less what it says as long as they are free. Hes gonna put it up front regardless the nametag. Any name brand Kart will work. Armstrong showed up on a recon for the fall nationals

i'm just pointing out the buzz words kart companies use and trends they follow to get you on their chassis. im of the opinion that karts are sold on race wins. i think when Yarborough moves from Charger to Primier to Charger to whatever he could care less what it says as long as they are free. Hes gonna put it up front regardless the nametag. Any name brand Kart will work. Armstrong showed up on a recon for the fall nationals
Nothing new, been this way.

Back