206 Carb settings

We have 2 206 motors for my Grandsons Beginner Box Outlaw kart. My son wanted me to check them over to make sure they are ready to go for our winter season. Both carbs were black slide, need to change to green slide.
First carb checked out legal on all of the jets and all, but the float height was set at .735ish. Adjusted the float height and decided to run the needle through the Briggs needle gauge. Stuck through by about .030". Changed the needle and read the letters stamped on it. It is a BGA needle. How did this ever pass tech?
Second carb is fine, except I can't get the jet out of the E-tube.
Thoughts?

We have 2 206 motors for my Grandsons Beginner Box Outlaw kart. My son wanted me to check them over to make sure they are ready to go for our winter season. Both carbs were black slide, need to change to green slide.
First carb checked out legal on all of the jets and all, but the float height was set at .735ish. Adjusted the float height and decided to run the needle through the Briggs needle gauge. Stuck through by about .030". Changed the needle and read the letters stamped on it. It is a BGA needle. How did this ever pass tech?
Second carb is fine, except I can't get the jet out of the E-tube.
Thoughts?
How did it pass tech? Probably was never checked or simply overlooked. .735" is way off for float height though. I've seen them come straight from the factory that low, but you'll want to raise them considerably -- start @ .875" and go from there.
If it's the old style e-tube, you'll need a wide blade screwdriver and hold the e-tube with a narrow crescent wrench. If it's the newer style, the hold the e-tube with a 7mm socket and turn the main jet out with a wide bladed screwdriver.
You'll also want to check that the slides open their max. I put an instructional video on teching and setting slide height on our youtube channel that you can get to from our Facebook page link below or by clicking here >

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
33 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Back