206 carb

petem

Got a generation 1 206 with a walbro carb on it the # 1F25A15 are the numbers on the side of the carb is that animal carb.

Yes
A very old one. Originally they had brass floats.

I don't think that the 1F wouldn't have brass floats, Jimbo, that would have been from the first run big venturi Walbro carbs (not 1F) that had the brass floats. I'll buy every one I can get my hands on if it has the right serial number on it. :)
I still have a couple here in my possession that's some of the best performing animal carbs I've ever seen.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
30 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

FWIW
The early carbs also had float bowls that didn't corrode anywhere near as easily as the ones we have now.
(if you used methanol)
They were a different design as well and didn't have the big brass plug in the bottom.
With the old ones you couldn't change the main jet without taking the bowl off.
The new style make experimenting with different main jets so much easier.
Just remember the main jets for a 206 must be
Stock, Unaltered .0365” Go (Use .0365” Class Z Go), .039” No-Go (Use .039 Class Z No-go)

Got a generation 1 206 with a walbro carb on it the # 1F25A15 are the numbers on the side of the carb is that animal carb.

It wouldn't have to be an "animal" only carb -- it could well be a stock LO206 carb, just the older style that Jimbo and I got sidetracked discussing.

I HAVE 2 OF THOSE 1F25A15 CARBS THAT RUN ON GAS WHERE ON THE 206 LIKE TO TRADE FOR A BRIGGS 206 CARB

Back