206 Option for Practice Engine

For sprint racing, does anyone build clone engines as comparable practice option to the 206?

Equal in performance, without putting needless time on race motor.

Thanks for any suggestions.

The new tillotson 212rs engine was designed to compete with the 206
But isn't the price point very similar to the Briggs 206?
Personally, I suggest that guys use up the old seal LO206 engines or ones that had shortblocks replaced. Cut the seals and rebuild if needed and run those for practice.
Used LO206 engines are still in high demand, so don't expect to pick up one on the cheap anytime soon - but that would be another option.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

The problem you're going to have is learning to drive a non rpm limited engine in the style of an actual limited motor. It's totally different driving styles. An extra 500-1000 rpm coming in to a corner will be a significantly different approach, turn and exit than with the other motor. I would think you'd hurt your practicing more by trying to learn to drive a track on a motor that isn't going to behave like the actual race motor.

On the other side.....if you're just looking to get seat time to learn kart fundamentals you might as well look at the predator 212 for how cheap it is and use that to dink around on.

But isn't the price point very similar to the Briggs 206?
Personally, I suggest that guys use up the old seal LO206 engines or ones that had shortblocks replaced. Cut the seals and rebuild if needed and run those for practice.
Used LO206 engines are still in high demand, so don't expect to pick up one on the cheap anytime soon - but that would be another option.

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
www.youtube.com
34 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
1671726706445.png

Made this post before, seems to have vanished. I think a used animal would be better. Convert the carb back to gas, slip in a stock cam. Stock take out cams should be easy to come by, I have dozens. Using a different platform would make it impossible to tweak gearing.

Back