206 SuperStock

Sounds like a great idea Jimbo. It is a stable platform based on an engine that will last years. Plus produce lots of hp and good racing.

Hey Jimbo, looking at the dyno sheet, am I correct in assuming that the super stock on gas and WF would be about equal?
( looks like the SS is stronger on the bottom even on gas)

Jimbo, I take my hat off for what your trying to do, that is develop a package/ next step beyond the LO206. But until you get an organization to embrace you and your super stock engine platform you probably won't sell many.
Idealy ' for you ' if you could DK at Briggs to adopt this engine as the next level engine program beyond the LO206, don't see that either happening with all the success Briggs is having currently with the 206 sealed progam.

JMO!

Steve

Steve
Thanks for your input.
I will add that the backbone of karting is all the local tracks and the the average weekly kart racer.
I am currently working with several of these throughout the country and things are definitely looking up.

Only engines with the oldest seal, no hologram, are being phased out at this time. These are VERY old engines that have likley already been phased out due to age.

Not true. My seal has a hologram. But no black thread in the steel cable. And it still runs just fine thank you Briggs.

At some point there may be a seal with a chip in it that will detect ANY type of tampering.
I AM NOT SAYING THAT THIS IS COMING!! I AM ONLY THINKING OF WHAT MIGHT COME TO PASS SOME DAY!!
The LO 206 came out in 2008. So to me making the original seal obsolete makes sense.
You can buy braided wire without the black strand through many different sources like the local hardware store or industrial supply houses.
I don't know of a source for wires with different color strands in them and i could care less but anything Briggs can do to to help insure the integrity of the program (within reason) also makes sense. Welding the side cover on would be the ultimate seal but i hope that never happens.
If you have an original seal motor and think your engine is just as competitive as a current new one i don't think you are racing against competition that is very good.
The new motors are more robust (better) than the original motors. They have the forged crank, they have the heat disperser on the #4 head bolt, they have the silicone seal for the side cover and they have cams with hardened lobes

At the CKNA championships last weekend there were about 300 entries and to my knowledge there was not one motor failure.
I was lucky enough to be allowed to hang around the tech building and given non engine tech related tasks: like checking tires with the bar code scanner, measuring rim width, measure body work and track width. I did help paint paint carbs before racing started.
The real tech was professionally done by Steve Vermeer, Dan Pelazari, Bob Scott, and Tom Messman.
I think there was one competitor that changed his motor because he said it was down on power. He changed it in the tech shed and also left his old motor there until the event was over.

PS: My current order of motors do not have the pop up or the head depth values written on the front of the block or cylinder head with the red sharpie.
Hurrah !!!!

I have been reading about the popular 4 stroke kart classes and like the spirit of close racing and of the lo206. A SS206 SS seems like a logical, economical way to continue racing a tired, but resurrected LO206 motor.

Maybe run the SS206 jointly with WF in a single class? Or would there not be enough parity between the 2 packages? Would a red coil on the SS bring it to parity with the stock WF?

Last edited:
Here in So-Cal i have constructed 4 of these superstock from obsolete 206 cores. I personally have tested these on sprint track against 206 racers. This is an economic no brainer to someone wanting to go fast. 1/2 a second off ka 100 on that day. Im pushing it here in California.

Yes the WF and the 206 are close.
Locally we have an OUT OF THE BOX WF class and a Super stock class that run at the same time.
The Superstock on methanol is faster.
If you want to run blueprinted WF with the Super Stock i'm sure it could be done with adjusting weights.

The reason for methanol is that the engine runs so much cooler on methanol than gas.
It's a lot more motor friendly. What's different than the animal is that the jet sizes are a tech item with the super stock.
This prevents people from running the engine TOO rich and diluting the oil with methanol.
That's a good thing!!!

How can something you just throw parts in make more power than a blueprinted animal on methanol? Doesn't make much sense to me. Why is it a "superstock" if you're basically making it an animal with a pull start?
Ask Al Nunley..."Compression is the Holy Grail"

I've been trying..just cant get any interest in it here in central Indiana. Sure wish we could..tired of riding the turds.

I may be blind? I don't see any dyno sheets.
scroll down..............Wiseco used to make a pop-up piston for animals, they worked very well. I have yet to try Mr. Franz's piston, but I am certain it will work very well. One of the few flaws with the animal platform is head warp. Being able to significantly raise compression without milling the head should help minimize warp. Curious if you plan expanding the product line to different compression heights?

Last edited:
1615728708703.png

Horse Power Comparison

206 Super Stock 13.1 HP
World Formula with Animal Coil 12.5HP
Blueprinted Animal 11.5 to 12 HP
LO 206 9.3 HP

Back