206 SuperStock

Jimbo

You can fool some of the people some of the time
With all the LO 206's with the original seal that are going to be phased out it will be an excellent time to convert them to a Super Stock.
The kit pictured below includes all the parts needed to turn it into a durable engine with almost 40% more horsepower.
The kit includes a 10:1 compression piston and rings.A bigger camshaft and valve springs, a billet connecting rod, a non rev limiting, coil, a new spark plug, a complete gasket set and methanol jets (if you choose that option) The current price for the complete kit is $389.95
There is no machine work required to build this more powerful engine. It's pretty much take the old parts out and put the new ones in. Plug and Play. The only thing you may want to do is hone the cylinder (usually) .005" for the next size larger piston.
Pistons come in standard, .005, .010 and .020" oversize.
I have a complete rule set for this package so it can be adapted for racing at your local track.
It makes more power than an Animal, a Pro gas and a World Formula and it's pull start. No electric starter needed.
Go here: http://www.fastermotors.net/206superstockenginekit.html

I'm pretty new to these LO206's. Is my understanding that the WF cylinder head is better than the 206 head? And... what is this about the old style seals are being phased out? Does this mean a boat load of "cheap" 206's will be on the market?

A billet head is even better. In fact the best 206 or WF head doesn't even come close!

And... what is this about the old style seals are being phased out? Does this mean a boat load of "cheap" 206's will be on the market?

Only engines with the oldest seal, no hologram, are being phased out at this time. These are VERY old engines that have likley already been phased out due to age.

How can something you just throw parts in make more power than a blueprinted animal on methanol? Doesn't make much sense to me. Why is it a "superstock" if you're basically making it an animal with a pull start?

How can a Chevy make more power with a better cam?
How can a Ford make more power with higher compression?
Switching to methanol alone adds about 10%
I'm no Einstein but here is some science going on here.
I never THROW parts in any motor!

Alrighty guys. My goal here is to play with a STOCK appearing 206. No billet head, no Mikuni carbs, no crazy ****. If I wanted crazy ****, Dustin Chase Stagen has his 14.5" legal Harshman Animal with billet head for sale on FB for $6500.... That's not what I am looking for. I like Jimso's SS deal, I would go a little further and swap to a better head and little cheater cam. I want to maintain rope start so this thing LOOKs stock.... But runs real good in a Jr Dragster...

Your ad says NO MACHINE WORK REQUIRED right in it Jim. Throw was the wrong term for it I should've put replaced that was poor on my part. I understand how compression and higher lift cams work but what I don't get is the claim at more power than a blueprinted animal without showing any results. I know magicians are never supposed to reveal their secrets but what makes this so special?

There is really no black magic or voodoo involved. Yes it's just a matter of taking out the original parts and replacing them with the parts in the kit.
I'll repeat. There is no machine work required or allowed by the rule package i have developed. It follows all the existing LO 206 rules except for the parts in the kit.
YOU MAY HAVE TO HONE THE CYLINDER .005" OR .010" IF IT'S OUT OF SHAPE THOUGH. If you can't do it there is probably a buddy or a local machine shop that can do it for you in a matter of minutes.

I may be blind? I don't see any dyno sheets.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    320.6 KB · Views: 47
I don't know the problem could be.
It works fine for me on my desk top, my phone, my dyno computer and on other peoples phones.
Give me your phone # or email and i send it to you that way.

Thank you ruesch3
Like i said, I'm no Einstein.
I couldn't get it to work. I think it said the file was too big so i just gave up and put the link in the post.

Back