206 vs predator

Wil

At my track we can race any kart motors. I’ve been racing/building/blowing up predators for the last few seasons. Someone suggested I switch to the lo 206. It’s my understanding that although more expensive out of the box, it’s just a bolt on and race motor as opposed to purchase the predator, purchase the upgrade kits, tear the brand new motor completely apart, rebuild the brand new motor, and blow it up on race day…. Meaning actually the lo 206 is actually cheaper in the long run.
My question is…. Is this true? You guys run these things and don’t wrench on them constantly? Just out of the box, mount and race? If so, how do they compare on the track?

LO 206 is sealed with rev limiter .
They seem to run them for several years with a valve job occasionally .
A small amount of failures .
If your racing againts modified engines they maybe under powered .

Reactions: Wil
We still run one of the original 206's with the silver wire seal. Raced it every year for almost 9 years. Perform the usual maintenance on it, never had an engine related failure. Its not quite out of the box racing. After buying the engine you still need to buy the exhaust header, silencer, brace, fuel pump, fuel lines and a few other goodies. When I purchased mine back in the day it was about $900 for the total package. Today the same thing can cost $1200-$1500. Very worth it tho.

Reactions: Wil
We absolutely love the L206 package for simplicity, performance, and reliability.
Keep clean oil and clean air filters on them, and they'll perform well for you for many years.

If, at some point, you want to build up the engine to make even more power, simply cut the seals and build it up the same as you would any other engine.

Our L206 race-ready package comes as pictured for around $975 (depending on options.)

Carlson Motorsports Race-Ready L206.jpeg

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Yes, they are that good. We road race, so the engines run pretty much flat out all the time.
Fresh, high quality oil is a must. Annual head and card freshening......usually about $150ish, including parts.
They also get faster with age. So a motor with a season or two or three on it will be a bit quicker then a new one.
In the sprint and road race world, the 206 classes are huge.
Clark Gaynor Sr.

We absolutely love the L206 package for simplicity, performance, and reliability.
Keep clean oil and clean air filters on them, and they'll perform well for you for many years.

If, at some point, you want to build up the engine to make even more power, simply cut the seals and build it up the same as you would any other engine.

Our L206 race-ready package comes as pictured for around $975 (depending on options.)

View attachment 17462

-----
🏁Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
32 years of service to the karting industry ~ 1Cor 9:24
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com
My friend, do you have any in stock?

This is absolutely the best engine package out there!!!!!
The cheapest and most reliable.
I am racing a 2008 Animal. Started out as a purple plate for son , he raced it for 6 years up to adult unrestricted. Then College took him away. I started racing it. Now it is 13 years old and still kicking butt! Do the math! It cost me $900 in 2008. That is when the clone was raced Stock out of the box and could be bough for $75.00 at Harbor freight.
I converted it to rwyb class and it is still running strong. Keep good oil, change often and they will run forever. with minimum repairs.

Back