2104 Prowler numbers

bullerman

Will set up numbers be about the same on a 2014 as a 2022. Finally getting to put my 2014 on a good set of scales. On Prowlers site for seniors they say 56 to 61 left, 53 to 56 rear a d 62 to 69 cross. We are on a 600 foot banked track. Box Stock predator with 350 lb weight. I have read run a little less left a d a little more rear on a banked track. Any suggestions?

They would fall within that window you show, but that's a pretty broad window, I'd want to be more specific. We had an 1/8 mile track here with an extreme amount of banking in it, the first 2 trips we made there I went in with the same mindset of less left, found out had to do just the opposite to make speed, had to increase left like 1.5 % above the norm, based on all the info I'd start your 2014 with, 59 % left, 46 % nose , 64 % cross
2.65 RF neg camber, .25 LF Pos camber ,
RF toed out 1/16".

Went and raced last night. Had scaled my kart on good scales. Had 53.9 rear, 57.4 left side and 60 cross. Stock castor. .75 left front camber and 2.75 right front. Still on the grooves. 1 3/4 front stagger and 1 1/2 rear stagger. Kart was terrible. Extremely loose. Can it be that I have too much rear stagger in the rear. I also feel the left rear tire doesn't have a whole lot of grip. I think I amgoing back to what I was running. A 11.5 x 7.00 x6 on the left rear and a 12x8.00x6 on the right rear. I have 3/4 to 7/8 stagger with this tire combo. I know they are large for box stock. I am just worried it might be too much tire patch on the left rear. There is not a whole lot of difference in tire patch from the left side and right side. There is about the right amount of stagger though. I am assuming if the tire is too big or two wide it would cause a push. Wish I had a better tire selection.

Went and raced last night. Had scaled my kart on good scales. Had 53.9 rear, 57.4 left side and 60 cross. Stock castor. .75 left front camber and 2.75 right front. Still on the grooves. 1 3/4 front stagger and 1 1/2 rear stagger. Kart was terrible. Extremely loose. Can it be that I have too much rear stagger in the rear. I also feel the left rear tire doesn't have a whole lot of grip. I think I amgoing back to what I was running. A 11.5 x 7.00 x6 on the left rear and a 12x8.00x6 on the right rear. I have 3/4 to 7/8 stagger with this tire combo. I know they are large for box stock. I am just worried it might be too much tire patch on the left rear. There is not a whole lot of difference in tire patch from the left side and right side. There is about the right amount of stagger though. I am assuming if the tire is too big or two wide it would cause a push. Wish I had a better tire selection.
Just came across this because someone just now liked my one response, and seeing it I can't believe I never saw it back then and never responded it surly would never be my intent to just let someone struggling hanging, So since I missed this and it appears I did just that I'll respond what I feel the problem was, Forget the Grooves and get it on Slicks normal size tires on up to date normal size rims, I hope you found a solution that stopped the frustration .

Thanks for the reply. At that time we had to run grooves and a box stock Predator. I think that was just a bad night. I had success after that night. Always appreciate the advice.

Thanks for the reply. At that time we had to run grooves and a box stock Predator. I think that was just a bad night. I had success after that night. Always appreciate the advice.
Great for future in case it happens that I just miss a reply with a question , Bring it to my attention by getting it back up top , or just shoot me a PM
Good Luck !!
in saying that remember LUCK is where preparation and opportunity meets !!

Back