212 hemi predator head gasket choice

mrluke2014

Hello,
I have been building my 212 hemi predator over the winter and am down to the final steps.
This is what is all done.
20 over arc rod
welded cam that is 310 lift with 275 exhaust
Standard flat top piston with valve relieves cut into it
head shaved .08 with .07 over length valves
36lb springs

The question i have is how thick of a head gasket should i run? please ask any other questions and any info would be great

In my opinion you way over cut the head.. Half that is more inline.. Seems everyone whats all the compression they can get.. Doing that destrubes (sp) the actual flow..
You do build bottom end torque but hurts rpm's and actual HP... Theres one thing you lack in your list is better chrome molly push rods..

I would say you need atleast .024 of head gasket thickness... WE have gaskets in the .009 Steel/coated.....012 stainless steel (Very tough) & .045 oem hemi

What’s all the hype with Molly pushrods???

We been using Honda pushrods for years from 26lbs springs to 55lbs spring 9-1 compression to 13.5 - compression...
From 8000-9000rpm. Never had one fail...

We found the Molly pushrods are a lot easier to bend than the Honda Rods...

seems like a lot of work and money into a $99 motor for a class that typically is geared towards "budget racing". Why not just move up to clone and make your dollar better invested?

seems like a lot of work and money into a $99 motor for a class that typically is geared towards "budget racing". Why not just move up to clone and make your dollar better invested?
or the clone guys can move up to the predator where most rules can be printed on less than half a page and have fun racing again... I guess the 206 guys think... why spend $1600 on a clone ditch pump engine... is there something wrong with "budget racing"?

Nothing wrong with budget racing when budget racing had a rules package that is fair for everyone. Let's take a serious look at some rules the predator doesn't have but the clone does. Stroke on crank. Length and weight on rod. Size on rings. Weight on Piston. Maximum compression rule (cc). Rule on size of valve head and weight of valve. How far the valve can be off the floor. Spring strength. Installed spring height. Carburetor bore size. I know of guys down south that will blueprint that do called " stock predator" for a fee of $400. I know another big name that gets $500. Why? Because there are no specs to go by. Racing an engine of this type is only fun when you know the guys you are racing with. After that if ya get beat by someone you don't know, the question is " did he send his engine out to be blueprinted because there are no rules"

The engine described looks like a modified , not intended for stock class racing.

you need .040 clearance between the head and piston.If the piston is flush with the deck get a .040 head gasket

I'm with ya DynoDon. The way they've kept it honest is with the 150 dollar claimer rule where anyone in the class or the track can buy the engine. In the track's case they just replace the motor with a new one. If they don't let the motor go then it's a $100 fine and ban from the class the rest of the season. I know cause I bought one of those $400 dollar motors. Lol......

Back