212 no start issues

Alyssajade

Just built. Non hemi predator 212 with Arc +40 rod, hemi flat top piston, stock crank, dyno cams cm2 cam, rtc02 non hemi head, mikuni 22mm carb. Its getting fuel, has spark but wont run. Even with starting fluid it wont fire. Checked cam timing 3 times already. Flywheel is installed with a straight keyway.

I've had 3 people look at it. No ideas. Any help here?

Put a different spark plug in it, they can fire outside the cylinder but some will not fire under compression.

Put a different spark plug in it, they can fire outside the cylinder but some will not fire under compression.

No luck with that. Going to try to reset lash again tomorrow night. If still doesn't run... I'm going to take it back apart again and reset/ check everything...

You have fire, fuel, and compression. Taking into account that those 3 are functioning as required, timing could have slipped

Take off the valve cover while running these tests and make sure things appear like they're working correct up top. (Make sure valves are actually opening/closing). Try a different coil as well if you have one. Stock flywheel or aftermarket? (I agree maybe the key is bad and it already slipped).

Swapped out the head for a stock hemi head with the 26lbs valve springs. It fired up and idles. Thinking there was a slight bend in the exhust valve. Push rods are a bit to long and cant get lash right. Looking into cut to length push rods

Either that or your pushrods were holding the valves off the seat a bit and wouldn’t let it build compression. That was why I suggested backing them off. Good deal atleast you know it runs now just get your valve-train right and it should haul.

Either that or your pushrods were holding the valves off the seat a bit and wouldn’t let it build compression. That was why I suggested backing them off. Good deal atleast you know it runs now just get your valve-train right and it should haul.

Hopefully... with the original head the push rods were the stock non hemi length. Hemi ones are too long so I ordered a set of cut to fit from arc along with there stainless valve kit...

Back