212 predator builder

kartboy63

where would be a good place to get a stock class, but blueprinted predator engine. we run stock predator but there are some, really almost all the ones we run with are buying these built are blueprinted motors and they do make a difference, I hear some are getting them in Alabama and some in Georgia but they aint saying who or where. They have to have the air box, the only thing we suppose to do is put a header and remove the governor

Andthere lies the problem, what you think you are racing against but you find out the real truth. I am not sure how much blueprinting it requires on the stock airbox there is a minute amount to be found in fitting the header. I will assure you if you are racing against engines with headers, the carburetor has been tuned, otherwise you should have left the stock exhaust on.

we all run headers, but these motors are taken apart and clearance, prob cam twisted just enough to pass on the degree wheel, what ever they doing makes a difference, because the one that we know are buying these motors are for sure faster, the track put up a $150 claim rule and they just leave because they have $350 "STOCK" predators, then come back a few weeks later run again

If ya were a little bit closer, I would be glad ta help ya. We just moved from Alabama to SC. Used ta blue print a lot of them.

Why invest in a $99 motor what you can invest in a good clone motor. The idea behind the predator class is to be economical for entry kart racers but there's always got to be that guy who wants to bend the rules to feed his ego. I'm new to kart racing and I have to say the dumbest class I've heard of is "stock appearing" again what the point. This class should be called we are all cheating but want to pretend like we aren't. Or you could call it DPP Deep Pockets Predator.

Why invest in a $99 motor what you can invest in a good clone motor. The idea behind the predator class is to be economical for entry kart racers but there's always got to be that guy who wants to bend the rules to feed his ego. I'm new to kart racing and I have to say the dumbest class I've heard of is "stock appearing" again what the point. This class should be called we are all cheating but want to pretend like we aren't. Or you could call it DPP Deep Pockets Predator.
you must be new!, I have clones, BUT you cant run a clone in a predator class, that's why its call predator class, and do you have any idea what SA class is

And there lies the problem. Money races for the stock predator.
whats the difference in that or several thousand to win in clones, what does the motor have to do with it, if there is a thousand to win in stock predator why wouldn't I want to run it.

whats the difference in that or several thousand to win in clones, what does the motor have to do with it, if there is a thousand to win in stock predator why wouldn't I want to run it.
The stock predator engine isn't supposed to cost $1500. Since they are offering money for a stock predator race of course you are going to go out and spend alot of money to get an engine at least to the max of the rules if not cheated up. So instead of a low dollar option for newbies or guys who are very limited on funds you just have another clone class.

Yea the newbe may not be competitive in a money race , they have the choice to enter or not .
A chance too win a thousand dollars will make a sane person do things that don't make sense .
The money being the problem is not the root of the issue , it is the fracture of the racing organizations.
Ikf required 3 punch races till the dying end now its just too little too late .
When WKA tried the no prep it opened the door for every tom , dick and harry to start a series of there own .
Then Briggs pushed the flathead out , bring in the clone and here we are .

Zzzzooooommmmmm!!!! Right over your head, you didn't see it? The reason is stock means stock, right outta the box. Not blue printed, no headers, no carb tuning, etc. STOCK!! You start having "money" races and next year you'll be complaining about how much those "stock" predators cost. Racers will be racers, but keep the predators STOCK! That's as clear as I can put it, maybe someone else can add more? Thank you, I'm out.

Back