219 chain

I had been running 219 and bounced around on brands. Almost everytime the chain came off it would break a link so you werent able to roll it back on and finish the race. Chains were only coming off from wheel contact.

Most guys seem to agree the Regina chain is the best for #35. I did a search but cant find anyone selling a regina 219 chain. Can anyone confirm if it is sold or am i on a goose chase.

Not to highjack, but do you run a chain/sprocket guard? I just wonder why it would slip off as much as your post seems to infer. I run a 35 chain, and always have so I'm not familiar with the 219 in the slightest, but I wonder if you are running it too loose where it can so easily slip off.

I've taken a few big hits and never lost a chain, my thought would be that it is too loose.

I was only running it on one side to make changing gears easier. I changed back to 35 thinking it was the chain but it still popped a 35 off so i put both sides back on and we haven't lost one since. We are running kids classes at bull rings so contact is made every single time out to some extreme.

Never an issue for us, always had a sprocket guard. Some only ran half or none at all. The weight savings wasn't worth the DNF to us.

Pretty sure we used Regina 219 when I ran UAS, was supposed to be the best, running 16000 rpm seemed like cheap insurance

"DID" is as good...Don't use O-Ring chain. Use both pieces of the sprocket guard. Insure your engine, chain and sprocket are properly aligned. We have run #219 for close to 20 years in 4 cycle sprint racing. I can count on 1 hand the number of times our chain has come off.

Leave sprocket nuts slightly loose (so it finds its own with the chain), leave the 4 nuts that hold engine down loose. Set the motor for chain tension... and spin axle. Look a the chain compared to a fixed nut or bolt... does the chain pulse up and down when spinning. If so.. even a tiny bit.. your out of alignment. RE-ADJUST and try again. Once your dead on.. tighten the sprocket nut.... then the engine. lock the motor mount down last. Don't forget to check that the chain runs over the center of the sprocket as it rolls around.

Back