22 vs 33

TEAMPCR

Everyone I have been talking to says to stay away from 22's they say they are a hit and miss kind of tire. Is there any truth to that? If so what set of 33's should I buy? The track has good bite its not real hard.

If you think you might be fast on 22s, consider the B33 tires. I think you'll find them to be faster. In our own personal Burris tire inventory, we no longer keep or run 22s. I go straight from 11s to B33s to 33As if needed at the track. Same goes for the 44s...I skip from 33As to B55 to 55s.

You're bound to get varying responses. This is just what works for us. "Your mileage may very." ;)
-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cuts
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Celebrating 25 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

What is the real difference in the B33A and the SS33A tires Brian, do you know? I have and use both and have not really been able to tell a difference on the track or with lap times. I have heard the sidewall is stiffer, softer and that its the same, have heard they are a little softer duro than the SS33A but can't say thats what I see, duro is the same between both on all the tires I have gotten the past year. It does seem like the B33A require less prep to get speed out of them, but I'm not sure on that. I know Mike gave a little info about the tires on here awhile back but I didn't see the post when I searched for it.

Yea, better question for Mike & Kurt. I have my own thoughts on the differences, but I'll let them represent their tires.

I use the Bs on slow/slick tracks in the same situations that I might choose a 22. I use the As on higher speed / higher bite tracks where we have to run a 33 compound.

Everyone I have been talking to says to stay away from 22's they say they are a hit and miss kind of tire. Is there any truth to that? If so what set of 33's should I buy? The track has good bite its not real hard.

It's not the 22's that are hit or miss as much as the the persons choice when to run them, put them on to early they will seem slow, wait and put em on to late they will go away hit it when the track is right for them they will outrun the 11's or 33's.

The current tires are the B33B and the SS-33A in the 33 series. The difference between the 2 is in the compound – same construction. The B33B is a little softer of the two compounds and tends to work well on dry slick tracks.

As for the SS-22, it has its place and is still a tire that sells enough to continue in production. It is typically used on wet tracks that aren’t packed and the ambient conditions are still somewhat cool. While the 22 isn’t as popular as the SS-11 or SS-33A I believe it still has a place.

Back