250 jackshaft setup advice?

Ok guys im getting back into karts after many moons, One of the karts im building will be used for open/rwyb. Ive got a handfull of 250 two stroke motors at my disposal. Im wanting to run a no trans/clutch setup, With a jackshaft, But im having hell trying to find info on what is all involved.

Ok guys im getting back into karts after many moons, One of the karts im building will be used for open/rwyb. Ive got a handfull of 250 two stroke motors at my disposal. Im wanting to run a no trans/clutch setup, With a jackshaft, But im having hell trying to find info on what is all involved.
Pick your crank, cylinder, carbs, ignition, rod and piston and buy a bottom end from Taft. It is the most cost effective way of doing it, as the other two options are the PK and and Bama 250. They are monster pieces but are very expensive and when you already own everything already, buying a bottom end and assembling it or sending the parts to be built to be assembled is far cheaper.

You can also cut the transmission off and build your own mount to mount it to your preferred jackshaft. You will also need to decide on how you will run a water pump. Some water pumps are part of the jackshaft.

Brian #89

Pick your crank, cylinder, carbs, ignition, rod and piston and buy a bottom end from Taft. It is the most cost effective way of doing it, as the other two options are the PK and and Bama 250. They are monster pieces but are very expensive and when you already own everything already, buying a bottom end and assembling it or sending the parts to be built to be assembled is far cheaper.
Awesome. Thanks that was the answer i was after

You dont happen to know a contact for him do you? Only google searchi was able to find was a facebookpage thats been inactive for 3 years

Another bottom end setup not mentioned is the Vindicator by Bergfelt. More people seem to be starting to use the stock cases and putting the jackshaft through the hollow gearbox. Plusses and minuses to each setup.

Another bottom end setup not mentioned is the Vindicator by Bergfelt. More people seem to be starting to use the stock cases and putting the jackshaft through the hollow gearbox. Plusses and minuses to each setup.
Is this possible on the 250? It’s quite common on the 450/250F setups with the hegar system. But I have not yet seen one on a 125/250 smoker.

Is this possible on the 250? It’s quite common on the 450/250F setups with the hegar system. But I have not yet seen one on a 125/250 smoker.
Should be easily doable with the correct size bearings. Should be even easier than the 4cycles, especially the ones that share gearbox and engine oil.

PK 250

Attachments

• 3F8AA962-68B3-484E-92CF-A02669C56EB8.jpeg
    3F8AA962-68B3-484E-92CF-A02669C56EB8.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 103
Back