250cc 2 stroke kart engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
This video is of the BRC125CC "MULE" which is the test bed for the 250 inline. Its basically half the 250 inline in all aspects. Just makes testing port timing, ignition, and in this case EFI. It is much simpler, economical and less time consuming than mounting up a twin beast every dyno run.
BRC "has" tested a 135cc version of the 150. This would just provide an option for those would could run lighter than the 150 package and be very comparable in power. So bigger and bigger isn't always better. This project is on hold currently.

Anyway you already nhave the 250 engines from the Superkarts, like I think BRC themselfes if I am not wrong. As long as someone wants to pay you can have it... Does this mean you are gonna win or beat setup? Not IMO after checking the results of GN and other. And I still wonder why we need a bigger engine when the 150 BRC has been so hard to beat. Tim´s engines are not looking for a bigger engine, but a lower and more affordable price to reach more drivers like myself. JMO

The BRC 250 is not yet ready to go public.
Riley needs more forum engine builders to advise him on the business side, the mechanical/engineering side and the when, why and how to build BRC's future engine products.

Riley needs more forum engine builders to advise him on the business side, the mechanical/engineering side and the when, why and how to build BRC's future engine products.

Right up your ally !!!!!!!!!

Actually PD. What he needs is a investor to finance the engineering he's already done. How about it. Another thing that would be right down your ally.

Anyway you already nhave the 250 engines from the Superkarts, like I think BRC themselfes if I am not wrong. As long as someone wants to pay you can have it... Does this mean you are gonna win or beat setup? Not IMO after checking the results of GN and other. And I still wonder why we need a bigger engine when the 150 BRC has been so hard to beat. Tim´s engines are not looking for a bigger engine, but a lower and more affordable price to reach more drivers like myself. JMO

Gotta also remember who the top BRC 150 team is. There is no denying that the SeaYow team are always fast whatever engine they run.

Gotta also remember who the top BRC 150 team is. There is no denying that the SeaYow team are always fast whatever engine they run.

Actually, There are several teams running extremely strong on the BRC150. Billy and Matt Tapman in Virginia both have a BRC , one of which belonged to Ben Gallup. Won tons of races and still going strong. The Tapmans have shelved their stroker Sudams. Jamie Ferrell has the engine we sat the track record with at Possum Kingdom. Jamie was a top 6 qualifier and moving to the front of the 2013 Grands when he was spun. He has shelved his Sudams. Christy Mayo bought a new BRC150WW and had a good initial run at the Grands just getting used to the motor, then sat on pole at the Holiday Classic if Iam not mistaken. So although we have run very well, our customers are running equally well in their own regions. The BRC150WW is a potent power plant and isn't afraid of big displacement.

I think the respondants to my post meant to write "alley" not "ally".
"Ally" could be used but is an uncommon stretch.....and never used in the context of "alley."

I wouldn't know how to invest in engineering which is already accomplished.....as TT suggests.

Maybe you could invest in a company that makes a smarter smart phone. Steve and I would appreciate it much
The "smart phones" are already to smart for me.
Just "invested" (if that's what it is) in a home for my son. He really is a happy camper now!!!
It's discomforting not to have him here much.

HEY....this thread is far afield from it's original 2 cycle roots. My baaad!

BANG !!! Out of the park into parking lot !! Right on the frecking Money !!! 99.99% DITTO - JMHO The eggs are coolin', the butter' gettn' hard, and The Jello is jigglin' & That Fat Lady is singin'. One of the best responses I've ever read here. Good Night Now IRENE

P.S. As for the .01% and being a die hard I'm partial to $2800, the smell of bean oil & 110 octane in the morning (lil' pun from Duvall in The Apocalypse :p ) & 56 lbs 87hp of 16,000 RPM dual open 100cc's down the straight (damn what a sound!!), but financially for about $800 it's a no brainer. JMHO - then again what do I know?

I love reading and seeing all the different theory's about motor packages, what I still can't understand is most of the stuff people want is more then they can handle now, or actually get to the ground. 99% of the time when everyone gets beat has nothing to do with hp. I don't get to race as much as I like with running mods a lot, but I can testify that mx 250 with a little work on alchohol, with the stock tranny is all you need to get it done, and you can pick one up for under 800 with mount and all, till someone can make a reliable package for under that is, in my mind a waste of time. Tim Taft can testify to what mine can and has done, and will do. I have a fresh cr250 with tranny cut off and on new jackshaft minus clutch for sale if someone wants. I still believe most people need to get more handling and tires issues figured out before working about more hp options, contrary to what most believe the cost of some of these style engine was the downfall of the Uas. No one an justify in my mind 3000+ for any kart engine, or over 1000 to freshen some of them. Just my opinion, don't take any of it the wrong way, I love reading all ideas, I'm a racer like everyone else and still try stupid stuff to lol. I even like reading Andrew (mrsouth59) posts, there defenitly entertaining. Lol

Last edited:
Kindly Compare the Majic body to Seay's rigs I'd like to hear it from you & all

Hey Seay, I'll call you Monday I totally forgot about the noses and wing, sorry bout that just been busy. If anybody needs noses Seay's are defenitly the ticket, have found anything no where near as nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back