250cc 2 stroke kart engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
yo, whats up with that? i googled "the majic body" and got some "bedtime attire" boojnok. post some pics of kart bodywork plz, so some of these fellas dont have to go through looking at a +sizer stuffing it into a teddy. unless you like it that way, by all means... lol

PD, it's, "too", not, "to". FYI, Trackchampion, also races a Pavement Modified, and last yr. when he beat us all at D.D.'s, he said, "The last few laps were real hard, this thing is harder to drive than my Modified".

PD, it's, "too", not, "to". FYI, Trackchampion, also races a Pavement Modified, and last yr. when he beat us all at D.D.'s, he said, "The last few laps were real hard, this thing is harder to drive than my Modified".
Where'd I go wrong on my to/too's?

To...tends toward direction...."to the store". Too....tends toward inclusion....such as "me too".
Can't find the boo boo.

The "smart phones" are already to smart for me.
Just "invested" (if that's what it is) in a home for my son. He really is a happy camper now!!!
It's discomforting not to have him here much.

HEY....this thread is far afield from it's original 2 cycle roots. My baaad!

PD, I believe the word I put in bold above is the error to which Jack was referring. Please review, Professor Spellchecker! :D

PD, I believe the word I put in bold above is the error to which Jack was referring. Please review, Professor Spellchecker! :D
Yep, that was a spelling error on my part. Mrs.Prof.Spellchecker was out of the room....obviously....when I posted that error. :)

Back to the topic, yes the Tapmans shelved their Sudams and other, but before I could see Billy on his older engine outqualifying his son Matt on the newer bigger BRC abd both finishing the main together. Same theory that allows the BRC fight the bigger engines. Displacement is not everything. If it would any 4 cycle or bigger 2 cycle would have been faster on asphalt than those small european 100cc reeds or rotaries, and that never happened. With that said Matt was certainly surprised by the power of the BRC on his 1st run. I am not an expert and I know less about engines that most of you here, but we might probably have to talk more about good engineering and design and less about size.

Good engineering and design IS the calling card of Riley's BRC.
Not to be excluded is a benefit, not often spoken of here, re: the BRC.
That is: the weight of the unit, which is minimal thanks (again) to the engineering and design.

It is also relevant to this discussion, to keep in mind the application of the engine.
It is not useful to try to compare engines used for differing track types.
BRC varies the makeup of the 150 depending upon the anticipated track type it is to be raced on.

There is no decisive value in comparing race results, with engines run on differing track surfaces than the one you intend to run.

For example.....a blown fueler could not outrun a modified fhead on a 1/5m dirt track.

Chris brings up allot of interesting topics and commentary. Responding to the long list of pro's and cons to his comments causes me to go on a long rant of opinion on my part so bare with me.

First off all of this is exactly on line with this thread, I'm glad to hear that BRC is going to produce a 250 kart engine capable of huge numbers. It's also interesting they sit in wait for the little guys to build a market they would be interested in competing in. Says allot right there. On the other hand this will have 2 effects, It gives potential to run off a large number of average racers that clearly will not be able to afford such a package. That in it'self opens the door wide open for guys like my self to develop affordable alternatives.
This is market forces at work. I say bring it on!. competition via manufacturing and and involvement of large company's only helps the growth rather than hurting the sport.
The advent of the Wankle, and it's costs have opened a huge market of competition of out of the box thinking and engineering.

The 250 MX engine fills the bill for performance and cost effective competitive engine packages. It can be bought cheep, it can be run as is, and it can be developed as a kart specific engine package.
Turning a 250 at 13,000 rpm is not a hard number to achieve for the average guy. It does require thought and development.
85 hp is a waist of time and energy to achieve on a dirt oval kart. Having the potential is great but no where near needed.

In my position I cannot afford to challenge company's like BRC, Seay Performance, or ProKart and Steve Gleasons PK 250 in manufacturing and precision. I'm a tiny little garage and only one guy with no money, no experience in engineering or machining.
I make parts for guys so the average guy will have the oppertunity to compete with the big guns I just mentioned. The MX engine both 250 2 stroke and 450 4 stroke have given the sport the base line package and aftermarket components in a very affordable way so the average guy and the average garage mechanic can and will slay the big guns.

As Chris and Steve have announcements so will I, Affordable 450 engine packages, a new 250cc Rotary valve engine, electric on board starting, the list grows. My time is just eaten alive so allthese things will happen. The sport will continue to grow and the demand will for sure bring the BRC 250 to reality.

In short the 250 MX engine is affordable, it has the power bone stock to compete with any of the high dollar engine packages, It's after market products are in the tens of thousands, It has house hold name recognition, It's the no. 1 engine package for the little guy.
I personally can't wait. If nothing else I love the challenge.
You say that you are an average guy whom builds and sales parts for the average guy. Correct?
Then why in the beginning did you state support for bringing on the big manufacturers that will push the very guy that you say you speak to,are,and build for?? Sounds like you might be star struck in hopes for yourself to compete with these people,but cutting the throat of your customers,your people and possibly yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back