250s

44wing

Anybody know why they do not run the 250 four stoke with the two strokes, we do it in the opens I bet they are the same lap times, at thunder hill 125, 250s and 500s are real close lap times, there it a 250 winning 500 races, just thinking the why not run the 250s togather

I didn't have a stop watch but those 4 strokes were pretty impressive at nationals. Not sure that it's any more affordable then an open like some claim but as far as racing goes they put on a hell of a show

It was a good show, we ran around mid 11s, fastest lap was a 11.3, carb was give us some problems guessing we could have gotten alittle quicker, witch was not far off some of the 500s would have been fun to run with the 4 strokes for sure

There was a 12 or 13 year old Blade Baker ran in the 250 and 500 class.That kid can drive !!!!

Ya these kids are good seen a lot of kids in the 500s and did a great job, mine is 14 that was in the 250 2 stroke can't wait for next year in a 500, still wondering why they don't run togather, not sure if one or the other is that much faster

I'm a big fan of the 250 class as a whole we just don't have any around here to justify spending the money when they only get 4 karts for even nationals. But with those numbers in the 4 strokes and how close the racing was that has got me looking for a power plant as I want to build my own chassis and that would be a good testing grounds.

this was the first time I really watched the 4 strokes so it's hard to say. I think a lot would depend on the track. the thing that would scare me is most of those 450's in opens aren't just off the bike so I don't know if you'd have to dump a bunch of money into the 250 4's as well to keep up with the 2's. I'm a box stock guy so it's all foreign to me

A 250f stock will never keep up with a open 500. On a small track a stock 250f will compete with stock 500. As far as money goes the 250f are spendy when they break. I have a bone stock 250f I also have a few SUP 500. The stock 250f vs modded 125 2stroke is good racing. A modded 250 2 stroke will eat stock 250f. Modded 250f is a whole nother story... More money..... Will run really well. Want a strong 250f give JGR a call. Be stitti g down when talking prices. Worth every penny if you are serious.

Here is a video of my 10 year running a Honda CRF250 against the opens at ECS earlier this year. Honda has had a bigger vaules installed and runs on pumped gas. Everything else is bone stock. He also weight 420 where the opens weight is 450. You can see the 250 doesnt pull down the straights with the 500s but can make up ground in the turns. We ran this motor while our JGR was getting repaired. Yes the JGR is a huge difference in power.

We have ran against 125 and 250 2 strokes and it seems the 4 strokes run much better. Thats just what we have seen here in Illinois. Yes ECS needs to get a 250 class started. At the nationals there was 31 Box Stocks and a lot of these kids will need and could move up to something faster with more power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZuL1llyto

Great info sounds to me like they should run togather, a 250 is a 250 if you want to spend money get a four stroke, our track owners need to make it so we can run other places without buying different motors, ours has been talking about it

we lose those kids to micros and sport mods unfortunately. with only one track and 1 kart in the area and a micro you have a series and multiple tracks with big car counts , in a sport mod you can run 4 nights a week with a motor that is 3k and lasts for over 75 nights with just oil and valve spring changes it's tough to compete with that

Here is a video of my 10 year running a Honda CRF250 against the opens at ECS earlier this year. Honda has had a bigger vaules installed and runs on pumped gas. Everything else is bone stock. He also weight 420 where the opens weight is 450. You can see the 250 doesnt pull down the straights with the 500s but can make up ground in the turns. We ran this motor while our JGR was getting repaired. Yes the JGR is a huge difference in power.

We have ran against 125 and 250 2 strokes and it seems the 4 strokes run much better. Thats just what we have seen here in Illinois. Yes ECS needs to get a 250 class started. At the nationals there was 31 Box Stocks and a lot of these kids will need and could move up to something faster with more power.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkZuL1llyto

Who is jgr?

Back