26lb spring failure

A buddy just sent me this image of the latest 26lb springs from NR with white paint on, my suspect springs certainly don't have white paint on, and they are 1-2 years old.

They must have changed the material supplier. I know it's possible to buy high fatigue life filtered steels, but they are aerospace type price.
Those painted all white are the ones I was breaking . I found all the old stock single white stripes I could find and haven't broke another . Have ran a set all indoors with around 335 lift up to 8800rpm

A couple of years ago I had several failures of the #26 white stripe springs. I reached out to Matt at JC Specialty who suggested a Comp Cams spring instead. It's a dual spring but I only use the outers, giving me about the same numbers as the #26 springs did. No more failures. (fingers crossed!)

A couple of years ago I had several failures of the #26 white stripe springs. I reached out to Matt at JC Specialty who suggested a Comp Cams spring instead. It's a dual spring but I only use the outers, giving me about the same numbers as the #26 springs did. No more failures. (fingers crossed!)
Can you get ,
comp springs today ?

Can someone give me a part number or web-link for this comp-cam spring?.......sounds just what I need.........to use it do I need to re-cur the head recess to make a bigger diameter land for it to sit on?

Back