270 2 stroke

Maybe the open kart world needs a more high tech chassis design,or a new design tire needs to come into play,considering the laws of dirt physics are trying to be broken.the open races are getting bad,ya run one line with 30 caution laps.😂.i mean look at a flattrack motorcycle they run on 1/10th the contact patch a kart does and they manage to not look like the drunken ice capades😂
I've watched a few videos whose links appeared on this site.
Nothing impressive about starting single file at the beginning of the feature, and needing multiple restarts to get first lap in.
If complaint is track is one lane, double file starts, and Delaware restarts encourage widening the groove.
Single kart qualifying, and no heat races, with fastest guys to the front, do nothing to make the track raceable. (How do you make a track raceable, without racing on it?)
Watch some videos of late model and modified racing at all power levels, the best ones will be working multiple grooves to have a place to make a pass not involving contact of any sort.
No need for dump and run. Double file starts, and restarts, are demanded, to make for opportunities to advance.

Hard to believe these guys are the pinnacle of the sport.
Jmho

Last edited:
I've watched a few videos whose links appeared on this site.
Nothing impressive about starting single file at the beginning of the feature, and needing multiple restarts to get first lap in.
If complaint is track is one lane, double file starts, and Delaware restarts encourage widening the groove.
Single kart qualifying, and no heat races, with fastest guys to the front, do nothing to make the track raceable.
Watch some videos of late model and modified racing at all power levels, the best ones will be working multiple grooves to have a place to make a pass not involving contact of any sort.
No need for dump and run. Double file starts, and restarts, are demanded, to make for opportunities to advance.

Hard to believe these guys are the pinnacle of the sport.
Jmho

Attachments

• F2B8D256-4A3A-4F7A-A419-3392A215B6A4.png
    F2B8D256-4A3A-4F7A-A419-3392A215B6A4.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 33
3 things have happened that I see. #1 is the LCG seats, the 2nd is the use of calcium on the tracks as it takes less work to get a smooth track, 3rd of all the tire prep that is being used. I believe the biggest one is the prep. I see it as it creates prep getting in the main groove of the track creating more bite than anywhere else on the track. Look at videos of Jonesboro Kart Complex
they prep the track wet and no calcium. Tell me that the one groove follow the leader is better racing than racing in these videos. I also know that SEMO has stopped using calcium as well, I believe this is a trend that needs to continue.jmo

3 things have happened that I see. #1 is the LCG seats, the 2nd is the use of calcium on the tracks as it takes less work to get a smooth track, 3rd of all the tire prep that is being used. I believe the biggest one is the prep. I see it as it creates prep getting in the main groove of the track creating more bite than anywhere else on the track. Look at videos of Jonesboro Kart Complex
they prep the track wet and no calcium. Tell me that the one groove follow the leader is better racing than racing in these videos. I also know that SEMO has stopped using calcium as well, I believe this is a trend that needs to continue.jmo

SEMO is a nice facility but it is not the same track it used to be 10 years ago. The new track prep man knocked all the banking off of it and is definitely a one kart width groove track. Almost completely flat and very little grip.

Back