2cycle pipe question proly just another dumb question

Maybe it retains less heat? Wave speed is very dependent on the heat of the medium it passes through. After all, it is referred to as "2 cycle theory".
NO it's fact. ! The problem is you don't have a spread sheet to deal with it and it makes it impossible for you to believe it.

Thus>>>> you call it and all facts which others offer theory. ... :)

Another consideration is the density . Soft material absorbs sonic waves and dense material reflects them .
Will the different thickness affect it , even though they are both steel ?

Another consideration is the density . Soft material absorbs sonic waves and dense material reflects them .
Will the different thickness affect it , even though they are both steel ?
I used to make 2 pipes that were spun to identical sizes, one of aluminum, one of steel. They did tune differently. I favored the aluminum version. I ran the aluminum version at the 1977 IKF Nationals. It was in the Stock Foreign class.

I used to make 2 pipes that were spun to identical sizes, one of aluminum, one of steel. They did tune differently. I favored the aluminum version. I ran the aluminum version at the 1977 IKF Nationals. It was in the Stock Foreign class.
Here's a picture of 2 Mayko Sonic Synchronizer's, one steel, one aluminum. Built about 1977, I ran the aluminum one at the IKF Nationals that year. Both the diverging and the converging cones use parabolic curves. The diverging cone was 3 inches longer for a total of 21 inches. The header length ended up being about 2 – 2 1/2 inches shorter than most pipes of the day. I read the pipe on a direct drive K 78, Terry Ives ran it on a K 88 clutch engine. He ended up 5th place in the pro race. I got 2nd place in the stock foreign.

Attachments

• sonic alum steel.jpg
    sonic alum steel.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 28
Back