#3 coming back to Sprint Cup...

Bergh223

RCR is going to let Austin Dillon use the #3 for his SC ride. Is it cool or sacrilegious? That number carried some heavy weight, meant a lot to a lot of people. Definitely gets you feeling nostalgic seeing it in the press photos though.

Don't like it- I think that if they let him drive the 3, change the font in respect. I know that no numbers are retired, and the 3 is owned by Childress, but change the font to show some class. I don't think RCR has the same atmosphere of loyalty and family that it once did before Mike Dillon took over. Kinda ironic, seeing how there's technically more "family" there than ever. Everything changes...

The number 3 is not owned by Childress, but by NASCAR . The 3 was famous before Earnhardt with RC himself and Jr. Johnson . Austin is a class dude and RC's grandson, he'll do the number justice.

The number 3 is not owned by Childress, but by NASCAR . The 3 was famous before Earnhardt with RC himself and Jr. Johnson . Austin is a class dude and RC's grandson, he'll do the number justice.

RCR purchases the number every year. They own it, from a usage standpoint

Don't like it- I think that if they let him drive the 3, change the font in respect. I know that no numbers are retired, and the 3 is owned by Childress, but change the font to show some class. I don't think RCR has the same atmosphere of loyalty and family that it once did before Mike Dillon took over. Kinda ironic, seeing how there's technically more "family" there than ever. Everything changes...

They should just let that number alone unless Richard would ever hire Jr, No ones ever gonna compare up to Big E, plus there just adding more pressure to the Kid. The Press is bad enough.

Nascar will do anything for ratings right now.

I was never a Sr fan but I'd like the idea better if Jr was using the number 3.

Thats for sure Dave.....or ME!!!!

Attachments

• johns truck.jpg
    johns truck.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 31
Love it, I am a old Sr. fan, look at my profile pic. I know Dillon is a young kid but, he will mature, I want to the see the #3 back on the track in cup!!

Ryan Newman's going to RCR If I were Richard I'd but him in the #3 before Austin much better fit and not so much pressure to perform on the Kid.
SMOKE would be the best fit as far as just driver.

Well it just shows Richards word for what it is. He said he would never run the #3 again out of respect for Dale...guess $$$$$$$ is more important than your word.

They need to retire the number for example like in baseball #42 for Jackie Robinson is retired and no one is allowed to wear it unless you were grandfathered in. Heroes get remembered but legends never die!

Back