3 Inch Predator?

Did you sleeve the block? Also looks like a dome was machined on the top of the piston. I would love to see the build list on that beast.
Ya , I had much of it started on Bob's before the crash. I just don't have the time anymore. I started writing for ChaseNraceN and will have articles coming out on the fist of the year. I might have "Trash Talking" in the December issue where I get some ZH8 14cc heads out of the salvage yard and rebuild them...BTW , the stock Pred piston with a ZH8 will gitcha 17hp + with a decent cam...And yes, that block is sleeved..

Ya , I had much of it started on Bob's before the crash. I just don't have the time anymore. I started writing for ChaseNraceN and will have articles coming out on the fist of the year. I might have "Trash Talking" in the December issue where I get some ZH8 14cc heads out of the salvage yard and rebuild them...BTW , the stock Pred piston with a ZH8 will gitcha 17hp + with a decent cam...And yes, that block is sleeved..

So, I read that you got the job..here??? congrats! Looking forward to some great reading. (any duel engine stuff on your mind?? LOL)

So, I read that you got the job..here??? congrats! Looking forward to some great reading. (any duel engine stuff on your mind?? LOL)

Ya Barry , lol , I'll take ChaseN places its never been before. Might be time for another "Battle of ?". Lets see, so far we have in NKN-The Battle of the AKRA carbs , Flywheels, and ,clones. or Maybe "Hotrodden the HEMI", In search of the magic 20hp.... ? , And I am so looking forward to the "Duel of the Duels" In Martinsville. I'LL BE BACK, to the Quality Inn...,

Ya Barry , lol , I'll take ChaseN places its never been before. Might be time for another "Battle of ?". Lets see, so far we have in NKN-The Battle of the AKRA carbs , Flywheels, and ,clones. or Maybe "Hotrodden the HEMI", In search of the magic 20hp.... ? , And I am so looking forward to the "Duel of the Duels" In Martinsville. I'LL BE BACK, to the Quality Inn...,

Next time I will meet you at "Karaoke" at the Dutch inn, and punish you with words..LOL

Be interesting to see what it'll do. Tore my hemi down today to do some quick measurements. Its about .020 in the hole. 27/25mm valves. Haven't cc the head yet. About .105 from head mate surface to the cooling fin. What kind of problems will I run into if I mill .100 off the head?

I have milled my heads down to 16cc, didn't really check how much that took. They started at around 22cc. I have stock pushrods in two of them, and had to put cut to length in the other.

I have milled my heads down to 16cc, didn't really check how much that took. They started at around 22cc. I have stock pushrods in two of them, and had to put cut to length in the other.

What about rockers? I've been told up to 26lb springs they are ok but what about cams requiring dual springs? Looking to run a .350-.360 lift cam from isky. Also what about larger valves?

What about rockers? I've been told up to 26lb springs they are ok but what about cams requiring dual springs? Looking to run a .350-.360 lift cam from isky. Also what about larger valves?

I cant answer that. I am running stock rockers, 26lb springs and aluminum retainers, turning around 8000 on the track (have turned 9000 on the dyno). I also haven't ran larger valves , yet.

Same as Barry , except I did a 28.5mm intake using the same seat. These heads will get the Hemi into the 20hp range with little effort compared to a 196 clone...Less money too. As for springs , the rockers can be easily reinforced but 26lbers seems to be plenty for 8000rpm's . Anything after that , the block may become an issue... We are all still waiting for a Poboy to take us into ratio rockers...

Same as Barry , except I did a 28.5mm intake using the same seat. These heads will get the Hemi into the 20hp range with little effort compared to a 196 clone...Less money too. As for springs , the rockers can be easily reinforced but 26lbers seems to be plenty for 8000rpm's . Anything after that , the block may become an issue... We are all still waiting for a Poboy to take us into ratio rockers...

So a 28.5mm intake valve will fit in the stock seat? Just needs lapped in? What lift cam are y'all using? How would a .350-.360 lift cam do?

Pulled the crank out and compared the connecting rod journal to a clone crankshaft I had and the predator is .008 larger then the clone

So a 28.5mm intake valve will fit in the stock seat? Just needs lapped in? What lift cam are y'all using? How would a .350-.360 lift cam do?

The 28.5 mm valve will "fit" w a stock seat; but for it to make any difference you need to open the ID of the seat by at least 1mm; approx .040; otherwise what you have is a big valve head sitting on top of the "stock" size Hole, makes no sense to do it this way, as you will see by lapping...... the line...... if you get one will be way in, towards the center of the valve

How much more of a improvement in flow will a 28.5mm valve be over a 27mm? The pred crank is not drop in for the clone. Will have to use the pred rod also.

How much more of a improvement in flow will a 28.5mm valve be over a 27mm? The pred crank is not drop in for the clone. Will have to use the pred rod also.
It's cheaper to spend the 15 or 20 bucks turning the crank down and buying the clone rod than it is buying the predator rod plus lighter rotating mass lol

Back