3 Inch Predator?

What about head milled .060 either isky .310 .350 .370 246 duration cams? Looking to turn 8-9k. Gonna have a alky Tilly on it also

not meaning to interupt, but i'd like to know about dropping a 3 inch piston into a "new" predator block. what would the advantages be if any? i jsut want to build a fire breathin monster and see if i can't contend for a championship this year!!!

What about rockers? I've been told up to 26lb springs they are ok but what about cams requiring dual springs? Looking to run a .350-.360 lift cam from isky. Also what about larger valves?

I have 26lb springs in them, so I cant tell you anything about more pressure.

oh...forgot one thing...i ran the 356 cam on a 4/10 mile paved oval...if you can get it up to where it likes to run (around 88-9000 rpm), then it's awesome!! but on short tracks where you are on and off the throttle a lot, then i don't see where it would help. although it's a great cam, i'm dropping to the F275 so that i can spin it up to a good rpm range quicker and run wide open.....

oh...forgot one thing...i ran the 356 cam on a 4/10 mile paved oval...if you can get it up to where it likes to run (around 88-9000 rpm), then it's awesome!! but on short tracks where you are on and off the throttle a lot, then i don't see where it would help. although it's a great cam, i'm dropping to the F275 so that i can spin it up to a good rpm range quicker and run wide open.....

That F275 has a lot of duration, it wont be much down low either.

tim isky and i spoke about the cams (actually about the 275 and the black mamba).... have to say thanks to him....the 356 has some advantages, but the 275 will come in quicker and that's really where i need it...not so much off the line, but mid-range....right where the 356 was lacking....

What would be better on a 1/5 mile dirt oval with tight turns? On and off the throttle. Dyno 308, isky .310 or .330 either 246 or 260 duration. Thinking bout going with a 28.5mm intake valve stock exhaust valve and ported. Up in the air still on stock bore or sleeve it and go 3 inch

Well decided to go with a 3 inch bore build. Now just have to decide about the head. Haven't done a 3 inch motor before. What size valves and head cc will work best? Cam suggestions?

I would like to try a 3" engine, just heard to many horror story's on keeping a head gasket on it (not much meat left to seal). Let us know how it works out.

If you machine the block correctly and use sneak'S head gasket with Toyota sealer it will hold 14.1 comp. .. and twist 9+rpm with no issue.. mine was raced..then switch to gas at 10.5.1 comp and now is on my daily rider mini bike. Btw isky .310 with 1.3 rollers will give u pure power from 4300 rpm-8900rpm.

If you machine the block correctly and use sneak'S head gasket with Toyota sealer it will hold 14.1 comp. .. and twist 9+rpm with no issue.. mine was raced..then switch to gas at 10.5.1 comp and now is on my daily rider mini bike. Btw isky .310 with 1.3 rollers will give u pure power from 4300 rpm-8900rpm.

I know what you mean bout the .310 isky and 1.3 rockers. I have that on my mod clone. But as far as I know nobody makes ratio rockers for the Hemi head just yet.
Youngengines I'm gonna give it a shot. I see there isn't much meat to seal. What's the compression height on the 2.992 wiseco piston? .640?

Well decided to go with a 3 inch bore build. Now just have to decide about the head. Haven't done a 3 inch motor before. What size valves and head cc will work best? Cam suggestions?

A 3 inch bore motor loves to breathe. ....and works best (for all around) use is 32mm/28mm..... I use a 14cc head and comes to 16cc after unshouding the valves. Every application will differ..... as far as cam...well are shop carries isky...nr...and dyno.... I am a isky guy myself... .310 246º.....but the dyno .275...amd .308 are great..along with nr .274 --0607.... I have tested all and for my every day rider black momba or .290....for 1/8 mile .310 with 1.3 rollers....I have yet seen another small block even give me a remote challenge in the metro detroit area.. or in the state.

Has anybody tried to put larger then a 28.5mm valve in the Hemi head? Trying to locate all the parts and prices before I start buying things up

Kurly; I have 2 running... 28.5 mm ss int.....w/.....25 mm ss ex. Run just fine, don't want to go crazy on ex side .... May have an extra head soon if I don't hear from cust; had it (My Core) 88 days........
Hemi---- P&P -.050 w/ 28.5x25 w/All- hardware (everything!!!!!)

Last edited:
Kurly; I have 2 running... 28.5 mm ss int.....w/.....25 mm ss ex. Run just fine, don't want to go crazy on ex side .... May have an extra head soon if I don't hear from cust; had it (My Core) 88 days........
Hemi---- P&P -.050 w/ 28.5x25 w/All- hardware (everything!!!!!)
Is that on a 3" bore motor? How does it run? also how much would you be willing to sell that other hemi head for?

was told could not put 308 or larger cam in this motor with out cutting spring pockets & changing valve angels

With a limited (at last check but it is changing) number of short springs available.... Hemi spring height is around .750. (W/ some cam spring combos)you should cut the pockets.090-.100;to get ass.hgt. Depending on the cam/spring combo you are using.
At .125 cut you may break-thru on some castings.I do have short, hi-lift springs avail. also;.... just a thought for your perusal&edification-- Valve angles don't care

Last edited:
Kurly, I built the 3" clone in the classified section for sale. I don't build kart engines anymore, but I do all kinds of custom machine work. I also have a high nickel 3" sleeve for sale. Let me know if you need me to do the install for ya.

Back