3 Inch Predator?

Looking at the 3" bore headgaskets I notice that none of them have the oil hole on the flywheel side. Isn't that hole necessary to oil the top end? Is this why I see many guys running a line from the crankcase up to the valve cover to oil the valves, springs, etc?

Ya , I had much of it started on Bob's before the crash. I just don't have the time anymore. I started writing for ChaseNraceN and will have articles coming out on the fist of the year. I might have "Trash Talking" in the December issue where I get some ZH8 14cc heads out of the salvage yard and rebuild them...BTW , the stock Pred piston with a ZH8 will gitcha 17hp + with a decent cam...And yes, that block is sleeved..

Is that a stock predator non hemi with 14cc head ? I have a perdator 212 non hemi with 275 mod 2 cam from dynoncams along with ark billet rod ,jetted carb with #37 jet and honda gx140 emulsion tube , 26lbs valve springs one inch open header ..what kinda power shouls it be mmaking with these mods ? Oh and i polished the rod gernals and cam lobs

Did you realize this is a 4 year old post?
It was a good read and all, being as though a lot of guys was new and didn't know that much back then. But I was posting 3 inch bores on here since 2007.

We build 3" bore engines. Honda, clone, Predator and animals. Also have the champion rockers and valve covers. We can weld up and put sleeves in them for you with the vent hole as well.
Lewis Stout
Stout Racing Engines
423-584-6663

Back