3 tires?

Racinpig

I’m coming from sprint kart racing to oval dirt, as for the reason of my new guy question. Why do a lot of people sell tires in sets of 3? I’m assuming one tire doesn’t do much work and doesn’t matter much?

I’m coming from sprint kart racing to oval dirt, as for the reason of my new guy question. Why do a lot of people sell tires in sets of 3? I’m assuming one tire doesn’t do much work and doesn’t matter much?
Yes, we typically buy in sets of 3 (right sides + left rear). We have a few left fronts at different sizes. We run the same left front all day unless we want to try a different stagger or don't have time to clean it between classes.

I agree with the consensus of the left front not wearing as much .
That said question is does the left front really matter ?
My feeling is it needs to be comprable too the other three .
Not necessarily new but it does do more then just hold that corner up .

I usually have two left fronts to choose from on any given weekend and they normally last all summer - One that has been goat peed, and one that has not. Self explanatory as to why.

I have like 4 left fronts for like 14 sets of Maxxis, the LF are years older So I just re roll them more and try to keep the duro little softer, I do have a LF to match the soak set, Pretty much same with Burris except 33s some are NO internal.

I’ll go one further, on asphalt ovals we’ve ran the left rears until the cords came out and they stopped holding air. We would replace the left front and rights. I still have some Vega MBS left rears that are probably 6 years old.

Hmmm I have LFs that are 2-3 years old........
I have a favorite LF that we run all the time, DXC on a 5in wide wheel, and it still doesnt look wore.
Funny how the LF is used, cant get around the track without it

I have a favorite LF that we run all the time, DXC on a 5in wide wheel, and it still doesnt look wore.
Funny how the LF is used, cant get around the track without it

Had a DxC left rear cords showing it was my go to tire for a tight kart.

Back