33 air pressure question

dirttrax

On a hard dry slick track, 350lb kart What would you start air pressure at? Blacksand and topaz prep.
33a tires

On a hard dry slick track, 350lb kart What would you start air pressure at? Blacksand and topaz prep.
33a tires

Is it hard dry slick but goes real dusty as well ? or just crumbles top 1/8 th" which swirls dry particles across the surface ?
Does the surface have any abrasive material in it ( sand size gritty looking ) or real fine powder looking ?

Personally when It comes to dry slick tracks, that to me means hard track and little bite, so I go to what id consider high air and an even split....like 7lb on both sides. This is what has worked best for me on dry slick, closing up the air pressure split and higher air pressure

It gets a black racing groove. The top half is dusty and gets on the black. Not sure how abrasive it is racing promoter. I watched a guy run a set of burris 22 tires sat night and after races they were lightly feathered all the way across the contact patch and the inside of right sides were worse, if that helps

That black groove is chemical so that confirms everyone is prepping the crap out of them, reason I ask is with 33's usually with 33's anytime it goes dry real dusty when it's hard then it's back off the prep get on a more cured 33 little harder and up on air some, just dry slick because of a light film of dust rolling across the surface then more prep little less air, the abrasion part is because if it's gritty it works the tire harder which builds heat quicker than No abrasiveness which requires less prep as well, bottom line there a lot more details to just saying dry slick. Your in the ball park at 5 & 4 if a lot of chemical is going down.

Good Luck !

I use zero split, a little more air and more aggressive prep for dry slick, never lets me down

It's a very small track carlsonmotorsports. Have never heard anyone say the actual size but a 11/68 is the most common gear run. Some running 11 driver and in the 70's sprocket

If it's got good banking you could go up slightly on air, but on small little bullring tracks like yours with no-bite, generally you'll be on low psi -- ie 3-4, or 4-4.

Back