33 Burris inside prep

Ekite

Anyone have any advice on inside prep and how much on 33s for Ashway and Dumplin Valley in East Tennessee? Haven’t rolled any inside before.

Unless you've got an internal prep that stiffens sidewalls, I wouldn't be using internal at either of these tracks. :)
Now, you could use something mild just to keep the tire conditioned if you really want, but if it breaks the sidewalls down at all, it'll kill your roll speed.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Thanks Brian . Haven’t ever rolled inside anything so was not sure if they needed it or not. Some had been running the tires with armor wall in the sidewalls until it was nade illegal for our area.

Unless you've got an internal prep that stiffens sidewalls, I wouldn't be using internal at either of these tracks. :)
Now, you could use something mild just to keep the tire conditioned if you really want, but if it breaks the sidewalls down at all, it'll kill your roll speed.

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
Carlson Motorsports on Facebook
29 years of service to the karting industry
Linden, IN
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

How can you know if the prep is one to stiffen your sidewall? Most I see are just everyone's brand of internal.

I will be short track low bite. Just curious thanks in advance.

How can you know if the prep is one to stiffen your sidewall? Most I see are just everyone's brand of internal.

I will be short track low bite. Just curious thanks in advance.
You can always be 100 % sure any internal prep doesn't stiffen the sidewall, because there is none that does, that statement wasn't literal he was just emphasizing a point. Because he knew the tracks in question made real good grip. For what you describe you'll most likely need internal.

You can always be 100 % sure any internal prep doesn't stiffen the sidewall, because there is none that does, that statement wasn't literal he was just emphasizing a point. Because he knew the tracks in question made real good grip. For what you describe you'll most likely need internal.

Well me again, Haha all the tire witchcraft I fell victim. Sounded off but never know anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are certainly internal preps that break the sidewalls down more than others, but in general, they all break down the sidewalls some.
At the tracks the fellow (OP) was talking about, they run soft sidewall Burris tires. These are big tracks where roll speed is king, therefor, no internal was my recommendation (sarcastically, "unless it made the sidewalls stiffer.") You'll see the reference to "armor wall" in the very next post. That was a sidewall stiffener that got real popular on Burris tires (and others) before it was made illegal.

Tire prep is not witchcraft. It's not black magic brewed up by some guru. There's a lot of science to it and even more importantly, experience.

Nothing inside burris for that 1 track, Dumplin is closed and bulldozed.
Ashway same way, hardest 33 you have and only prep for bite, round cut

Yes i first put this ip when we started 33s but know now not to internal. Dump is closed but as of last Sunday track was still there just some fencing and buildings and bleachers gone.

Yes i first put this ip when we started 33s but know now not to internal. Dump is closed but as of last Sunday track was still there just some fencing and buildings and bleachers gone.
Wont be long itll look like Beechnut, rumor is that Bulls gap is thinking about building a kart track

I messaged Volunteer Speedway last week about the kart track. They said it's on hold pending funding. The start up track in Loudon is taking shape.

What size and where in Louden is this track going to be? Yes Gap owner has ran into some... uhh ...issues it seems !!!! Lol

What size and where in Louden is this track going to be? Yes Gap owner has ran into some... uhh ...issues it seems !!!! Lol

I've not seen it in person ; seen a pic & read about it. It's off of the Sugar Limb exit. Roughly the size of Dawgwood

Back