34mm tillotson or 34 mm mikuni

I think more important is who does the conversion. I have had both and they both work well. You will need to do a little setup changes like timing and maybe re-cc the head on the engine.jmo

Spin, Brian is correct, I personally love my mikuni's usually a hair bigger than the Tillys but the Tilly should be relatively easy to get parts for where the mikuni is like finding hens teeth. Later Chuck.

Stuck the motor with the tilly.... had it open a lot more than builder recommended...just wondering if the tilly isn't the best choice for this particular motor....thx!

Here's a video where I start outside pole with my twin stock KT's & the 125 with the EC Tilly I spoke about started just behind me. I finished 2nd & it finished 4th. 1st & 3rd were running 450 Honda's.

Not much after this, he sold everything to me.

Brian #89

Here's a video where I start outside pole with my twin stock KT's & the 125 with the EC Tilly I spoke about started just behind me. I finished 2nd & it finished 4th. 1st & 3rd were running 450 Honda's.

Brian #89
will you post picture of the way your twin is setup thanks

Brian #89
Only have had a few opportunities to run my 125 Sudam so far this year....but I will say and agree...it's one peppy little piece...😉

will you post picture of the way your twin is setup thanks
1595281128025.png

I have run my stroker Sudam on different carbs, from dual to singles. My favorite for the simplicity and performance on low/medium range is one a good friend gave me that was especially built by EC for him (Tillotson). No disrespect to other people or shops but I consider this particular carb as 5he best carb I have ever owned. I do have many other big carbs and a lot of small 24 mm carbs including nice looking ones like a Baroni, each built for a particular application, but nothing compared to this EC Tillotson. On top end my 131 Sudam is better on the dual carbs though.

Performance between the two are almost identical, when we got the Tilly homlogated for use on two cycles, lots of Dyno testing was done to make sure the Tilly was equal to and not better than the Mikuni. Parts availability goes to the Tilly, but we still can service the Mik with aftermarket parts.

nice detailed pictures of your twin setup. it looks like you must have a very wide rear wheel setup? do you think this hurt your chassis performance?

Back