35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

Check out Jimmy Rivers on facebook. JRPW in Martinez GA.
I thinks he's about the closest I have seen advertising a gx200 close to 35hp. Don't remember the exact number but it was up there. He's ligit and building some strong pieces.

I had a 390 with a Sachs head on it that bumped right at 50chp. I don't do much with the clones or 200 series engines...without a LOT of work/welding to get the cubic inches up from 196 or 200, it'd be tough to get to 35chp.
Of course, there'll be some guy who says they make that much (and more) on their dyno. :)

-----
Thanks and God bless,
Brian Carlson
Carlson Racing Engines
Vector Cutz
www.CarlsonMotorsports.com
26 years of service to the karting industry
765-339-4407
bcarlson@CarlsonMotorsports.com

Jimmy isn't making anywhere near 35hp with his open clones, I believe I remember hearing that 25-28hp was what one of his open clones dyno'd at on a very reputable builders dyno where a stock legal akra clone made 12.5hp, those numbers are believable to me and are a little more realistic. Jimmy is not welding up heads and doing 3" bores though. Barry Young and Coty Wakefield are the only 2 guys I know of that are pushing anything close to 30hp, although I do believe JD Ayers at SI valves did have a gx200 close to 30hp also. Not sure about 390's though.

I believe I remember hearing that 25-28hp was what one of his open clones dyno'd at on a very reputable builders dyno

From JRPW web site "This one is definitely not for the faint at heart, as this engine makes in excess of 31 hp."

Jimmy isn't making anywhere near 35hp...Barry Young and Coty Wakefield are the only 2 guys I know of that are pushing anything close to 30hp, although I do believe JD Ayers at SI valves did have a gx200 close to 30hp also. Not sure about 390's though.

Go ahead and add Jimmy Rivers to your short list and you shouldn't run a man's stuff down based on what you've heard. Some peoples livings depend on what they do in the shop and in the track. JRPW power can get the job done in both places.

On a 200 cc OHV, I'd think you'd run out of physical room to get big enough valves in it for that kind of hp. :)

I know a guy (wink wink) with a 3" bore, ARC .175 stroker crank, head flows 115 to 118 (off memory).. .415 at the valve, It has showed 34hp on a dyno that shows a front running AKRA clone at 12.5 to 13.1hp

Go ahead and add Jimmy Rivers to your short list and you shouldn't run a man's stuff down based on what you've heard. Some peoples livings depend on what they do in the shop and in the track. JRPW power can get the job done in both places.

I'm not running any mans stuff down, and the info I posted came from one of the most reputable builders in my state, who is well known in the kart racing industry as well. He is a good friend of mine and many others and will not lie to anyone about anything. I'd like to see numbers of a JRPW open pushing 30+ hp if you have them, from a trusted dyno operator who has no reason to skew numbers.

I don't think anyone is running anyone else down. All I see is argument over numbers that really don't have anything to do with each other.

As Ol' EC (rip) used to say, that's why we don't race dynos. :)

MDB! Long time, no posts... good to hear from you again! :)

Not much Honda action left up here in Canada any more, mostly LO206 now.

Yeah its beena while, of course I know all about the honda. I just wanted to see if anyone else is close to what I been doing for years.

Oh, and BTW its been a long time Bob Evans

Back