35hp gx200, or 50hp gx390

Brad, thanks for going to the effort (and expense) to make this happen.

As it stands right now we have two entry's? If so the second name should be posted.
Also, with regards to the billet head, if you feel it's not in the best interest of the shootout and more importantly, the two who have committed are not running billet heads, we'll nip this in the bud right now.
So,
GX200 based engine,
Billet heads not allowed
Briggs allowed in one case, ask for clarification if there are more
Alcohol fuel
Naturally aspirated (not that I was concerned but you never know what could show up lol)
Over all hp (although personal opinions will color the message boards about most tq, flattest curve etc afterwords)

Come on guys, it's happening, where's the bravado? Only 3 spots left for bragging rights to the First Annual Small Engine Builders Challenge.

Both blue karts were mine and yes both GX200 only difference carbs and cams my builds. UAS rules we needed to be 294lbs we were 354lbs would have been even more of a blow out with a lighter driver.

Where is this track at? It is very unusual for a UAS ruled class to run on pavement and also unusual to see a field of small engines in a UAS class. Why are you not going to enter one of these motors in the challenge?

Where is this track at? It is very unusual for a UAS ruled class to run on pavement and also unusual to see a field of small engines in a UAS class. Why are you not going to enter one of these motors in the challenge?

Sailorsburg PA, As I stated before I don't claim to build 30HP engines and don.t race dynos. I prefer HP to weight ratio. We do are talking on the track. I don't care how much HP you have if you can't get it around the track it doesn't do you a bit of good. We hold a number of fast lap records for karts on different tracks that is where we excel and do our talking! where it counts!

Last edited:
Sailorsburg PA, As I stated before I don't claim to build 30HP engines and don.t race dynos. I prefer HP to weight ratio. We do are talking on the track. I don't care how much HP you have if you can't get it around the track it doesn't do you a bit of good. We hold a number of fast lap records for karts on different tracks that is where we excel and do our talking! where it counts!
BINGO!!
I know that those are the facts, Brian And I also know that you are a lot older than 18.

I see. It takes a lot of knowledge to get high hp karts hooked up for sure. Do you run any dirt races?

I see. It takes a lot of knowledge to get high hp karts hooked up for sure. Do you run any dirt races?

Not very often, have run a few in NC. and in ME. we prefer asphalt but not many asphalt tracks running opens. I will say we have one of the best tire men in the business doing our tires, dirt, asphalt and indoor

The tires is where it's at! They have a lot of UAS karts in the PA area. I was making the trip up there a couple of months ago for a money race and it rained it out. But it's all dirt.

What I don't understand is, why doesn't MDB just send a motor to a mutually acceptable dyno person and show us? It seems so simple, why does there need to be a contest! His engine either produces 35 HP or it doesn't. No more controversy, end of story.

Or, MDB comes up with some reason why this wouldn't be a good plan.

I already have had my motor dyno tested. I make more than 35hp, but the 2 motors I have that makes more have billet heads on them. So I'm gonna send Brad 1 of the billet head motors just to test and 1 with a cast head for the competition. Others say they can do it, or make more power. So that's when the whole challenge started.

Back